“Perfect!!”
Review of Portvcale Lounge - CLOSED

Portvcale Lounge
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Portvcale Lounge, a relaxed and laid back Portuguese restaurant/bar in the centre of the world heritage city of Bath. It's family run and the food is freshly cooked by the mother. Traditional "petiscos" and cataplanas as well as other main dishes like "bacalhau a Bras" or "Frango Piri Piri", followed by a exquisite list of wines from the North, Centre and South of Portugal. Also to try are the different types of Sangria (Red, White and Champagne)and the different freshly baked desserts on offer daily.Come and indulge yourself to one of the oldest gastronomies in the world...the Portuguese.
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am writing this review whilst sitting in this restaurant....my husband and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary Nd we could have not picked anywhere better than this.
From the moment we walked in we were greeted with such a warm welcome, the service is second to none and the food, you could tell was made with love.
Come here if u want a real treat if in a non pretentious restaurant which is very reasonably priced. I would have paid double for the whole experience...from start to finish :)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I ate here on a recent trip to Bath. The food was really good and the service excellent. It was a enjoyable, relaxed evening. Will go back.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

All of the tapas we tried were excellent and very authentic. Antonio and his mom run a great restaurant and the service was excellent. Overall, a good value, too.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We found this place through tripadvisor and boy am I SO glad we did. Antonio and his mate ran the floor and were welcoming and genuine, the service was first class, the restaurant itself was a perfectly sized and decorated well to create a personal, intimate experience. We had just got married and were on our honeymoon and we could not have asked for a better restaurant to start our honeymoon in style. Jugs of Sangria were 2 for 1 that night and tasted good. Antonio explained the menu and made his recommendations on what dishes to have. THE. FOOD. WAS. DIVINE.

Antonio’s mum is an absolute legend in the kitchen and the best thing this family could have done was open a restaurant for us to taste and share her cooking. I just can't put into words how tasty the food was... every single tapas dish we ordered was delicious it was hard to have a favourite but I would definitely say you HAVE to have the lamb meatballs and the piri piri chicken... oh and the Cod Fish in the oven... in fact do what we did and try everything ;o) Well almost... we actually ended up ordering more, not because we weren't full or it wasn't enough as that wasn't the case... we were just greedy because it was just so good we wanted to try more!

We decided, that desserts probably couldn't be squeezed in but Antonio said he would fix us up something that was light and refreshing, it wasn't on the menu he just concocted it for us and it was delicious, vanilla ice cream, vodka, strawberry… yummy, we certainly did find somewhere to squeeze it in!

I would highly recommend that if you are to only eat one meal in Bath then eat it in the Portvcale Lounge, you won’t be disappointed.

Thank you to Antonio, to your mum and also your best mate for sharing your passion, talent and company and giving us one of the best meals we have ever had. We will be returning. It is just a shame we live too far to become regulars… maybe we should move!!! :o)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This dining experience took me straight back to Portugal, the smells, the sights, the menu, the family style hospitality, the shared seafood/shellfish cataplana was truly memorable. Antonio knowledge of his beloved Country's wines is as great as his mama's passion for her cooking. A very relaxed friendly atmosphere, just as you'd find in a Portuguese family run restaurant in Portugal, what more could you want?