“Recomended”
Review of Portvcale Lounge - CLOSED

Portvcale Lounge
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Portvcale Lounge, a relaxed and laid back Portuguese restaurant/bar in the centre of the world heritage city of Bath. It's family run and the food is freshly cooked by the mother. Traditional "petiscos" and cataplanas as well as other main dishes like "bacalhau a Bras" or "Frango Piri Piri", followed by a exquisite list of wines from the North, Centre and South of Portugal. Also to try are the different types of Sangria (Red, White and Champagne)and the different freshly baked desserts on offer daily.Come and indulge yourself to one of the oldest gastronomies in the world...the Portuguese.
“Recomended”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Food was really good. Service was excellent. Recomended if you want to try propper portuguese cuisine.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Unbelievably good”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

There are many good points about this restaurant; wonderful, tasty food, fine, reasonably priced wine, and efficient service. All of this is subsumed in absolutely fantastic hospitality, courtesy of Antonio and his staff, not forgetting his extremely talented and unflappable mum. I can honestly say I have never been in a more welcoming place; more like the home of a good friend than a restaurant. I ate here with my wife and 3 children, and easily spent three hours in unhurried pleasure. My only regrets are that we stay several hundred miles away, and that I can't give it 6 stars.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Good food served by charming owner”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Authentic Portuguese food is not easy to come by in England, so to find this place in Bath was a pleasant surprise. Antonio, the owner, is a very charming and genuine young man who served us some delicious calamari, fejioada with a lovely home-made taste (apparently his mum is the chef), and an absolutely superb pork with clams. The portions are on the small side, and I think that you would need to order quite a lot before you actually felt full, so a filling meal would not come cheap. The weekday set lunch of two dishes plus a soft drink at 8.50 looks like good value, but unfortunately we were visiting on a weekend. Unless you are starving I would recommend Portvcale and look forward to eating there again if I ever go to Bath.

• Visited October 2012
“Thanks Antonio.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Arrived there on a Tuesday night for a few drinks, within minutes I knew I was with friends.
Returned next day for dinner.
Antonio and mother try to keep it simple and real. Food's great and authentic. Much more than a restaurant this is where you go to get a flavour of Portugal and his people's. Antonio and crew made me fell at home wish them all the best . Thanks my friends.
Rui from London

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent - what a find!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My partner and I found this delightful restaurant quite by chance and spent the remainder of the weekend discussing how lucky we had been to find it! The owner; Antonio made us feel welcome as soon as we got through the door and we soon had some wonderful sounding Portuguese dishes on order with an extra 'special' recomended and prepared by the chef; Antonio's mother! The ambience and decor in the bar/restaurant is just right and a pint of draught sagres went down a treat while the food was served. The tapas style dishes were absolutely first rate, with the marinaded pork with clams a real find; absolutely delicious! All of the dishes were excellent and our only regret was that we didn't order more! We finished up with more sagres and several tips for places to see and things to do in Bath from Antonio. We were made to feel welcome and never rushed for the whole time we were there; I highly recomend this little gem and it is worth making a special trip to Bath for the pork with clams! 5** from Bruce and Becca!

• Visited October 2012