“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Portvcale Lounge - CLOSED

Portvcale Lounge
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Welcome to Portvcale Lounge, a relaxed and laid back Portuguese restaurant/bar in the centre of the world heritage city of Bath. It's family run and the food is freshly cooked by the mother. Traditional "petiscos" and cataplanas as well as other main dishes like "bacalhau a Bras" or "Frango Piri Piri", followed by a exquisite list of wines from the North, Centre and South of Portugal. Also to try are the different types of Sangria (Red, White and Champagne)and the different freshly baked desserts on offer daily.Come and indulge yourself to one of the oldest gastronomies in the world...the Portuguese.
Merida, Spain
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

After our first visit we felt we would have to go back and check how things were developing. Got there and... SURPRISE: they are full of the JUBILEE spirit (mind you we are dealing with a Portuguese owned restaurant!). Union Jacks on the windows and they even have a special and delicious Jubilee pie. Truly five star service and tasty food! Well done guys!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“It is the absolute must to visit there at least once.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Today, my friend and I just have a day visit to the famous Bath from our short vacation from Bristol. We went there expecting the good meal due to the high rating in tripadvisor. We had a very exhausted day and want to go back to Bristol quickly so we decided to go there around 5pm to have a light meal. We chatted a bit with the owner and when we said that we was so tired from walking all day he was kindly gave us the ice-cold water to quenched our thirst immediately. Though it was a bit too early from the pretheatre time stated in the menu (5.30pm-7pm), he also gladly accepted our order for this pretheatre offer. This offer is very good value in my opinion. It contains two dishes of the tapas-style and one soft drink. So we decided to order four different dishes to try on and there were all very good. My friend ordered the stuffed pepper and the spicy mix seafood with bean, and I ordered piri piri chicken and pork&clam dish. The piri piri chicken, though was different from what I had before, was the best piri piri chicken I ever have. The slightly creamy with the aroma of rosemary was really make this dish very unique and delicious. The chicken breast pieces were tender and juicy. The pork and clam dish was also very good with big chunk of tender pork, tasty clam and slighty spicy stock. One of my friend dish, the stuffed pepper was well seasoned and though contained cheese, was light enough to have even in the hot day. The other dish of hers, is also a good combination of mix seafood with tenderised white bean. It was not very spicy in the first bite but slowly heated up, which was for us really addictive. The atmosphere is really good, clean and comfortable to enjoy night out with friends and family. The portion, though said was the tapas-style, was generous enough to make me and my friend felt so full. I feel really glad to go there and I am really happy to recommend everyone I know, if having a chance to visit Bath, to visit this restaurant. Actually, we are now planning to visit Bath again to come back to this lovely restaurant !

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Liverpool
“Superb, friendly and just great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

We ate here in May and loved it. The hosts were extremely friendly and charming and this hospitality was matched by the wonderful home cooked food.

Try the white sangria which is made up for you. We got buy one get one free and this was a very generous touch and very welcome.

The food is fresh, well cooked and delicious. We couldn't have asked for any better. When we are next in Bath Portvcale will be first on our list of places to eat. A real gem ...highly recommended. Thankyou for a great evening in your lovely restaurant.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Portvcale visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

This place is amazing! My mom and I came in for lunch and we could not have left any happier. The food was outstanding and the service very friendly. I will definetly be returning very soon.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Very very very very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We came in Bathv last week for dinner with some friends and have had a lovely food! Many thanks to Tripadvisor suggestions although this restaurant deserves to be one of the number 1 in Bath!!! We will come back as soon as possible..thanks to all the lovely and very professional family staff! I have never tried a Portuguese restaurant abroad but this one is one of the best