“Fantastic food & service!”
Review of Sotto Sotto

Sotto Sotto
Ranked #2 of 607 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BOOKING IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. We are closed from 1st-14th August, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Easter Sunday & from 1st-14th January. Situated just a few steps away from the Roman Baths, our attractive and atmospheric restaurant is located in a charming candle lit historical cellar of natural Bath stone with vaulted ceilings throughout, and resembles the cavernous cellars of an Italian grotto.The main characteristic of our cuisine is its simplicity. We rely on the quality of our ingredients rather than on elaborate preparation.We also like to offer traditional Italian dishes with a contemporary twist because we strongly believe in those 'Sapori' (flavours).With our finest ingredients coming from Italy, and all of our fresh vegetables, seafood and meats sourced locally, we are able to ensure high quality dining that will exceed your expectations.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a fantastic meal here - I can not recommend it enough. The food was gorgeous and great value and the service was excellent. The staff went out of their way for us and genuinely made us feel very special.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,714)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My fiancé and I ate there last night for the first time and after only half an hour I remarked to my other half that my one regret was having never eaten there before.
From the moment we walked in, we were made to feel thoroughly welcome and all throughout the attentive staff met and exceeded our every need. The whole waiting staff worked as a team and their attention to detail is not something I've experienced too often in recent meals out.
The food itself was stunning - I have never had better Calamari in my life (and believe me I've eaten a lot of it!). My fiancé’s Sea Bass was beautifully cooked and my Veal Shank a triumph. The fact that we shared a dessert (a sumptuous chocolate mousse) is a reflection on the generous portion sizes which just reiterates other reviewers' comments on what tremendously good value this place is.
All in all, one of the best dining experiences we've had and needless to say we shall be returning. Thank you Sotto Sotto!

1  Thank Danny W
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Wonderful venue,fantastic food and excellent service. Our waiter for this evening was Manuel and he certainly looked after us. He offered advice about the menu and made sure that we were well and truly looked after. Would certainly recommend. Also thanks to Antonio and all the staff, have never been looked after so well and what wonderful food, the flavours were out of this world.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a lovely meal here. The service was a bit over attentive, however, the staff were really nice, the food was extremely good and very reasonably priced. Sotto Sotto is a must.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Didn't have a table booked however we were accommodated as a couple with a little baby late on a Fri evening - despite the lack of available tables.

The place was fantastic, the service was superb and the food brilliant and good value. Carlo (part owner) said he wanted people to experience good food and at a reasonable price - absolutely hit the mark.

Carlo and colleagues were very friendly and looked after us all evening.

Deserves to be thought of as the best restaurant in Bath - we loved it.