“An exceptional meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sotto Sotto

Sotto Sotto
Ranked #2 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: BOOKING IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. We are closed from 1st-14th August, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Easter Sunday & from 1st-14th January. Situated just a few steps away from the Roman Baths, our attractive and atmospheric restaurant is located in a charming candle lit historical cellar of natural Bath stone with vaulted ceilings throughout, and resembles the cavernous cellars of an Italian grotto.The main characteristic of our cuisine is its simplicity. We rely on the quality of our ingredients rather than on elaborate preparation.We also like to offer traditional Italian dishes with a contemporary twist because we strongly believe in those 'Sapori' (flavours).With our finest ingredients coming from Italy, and all of our fresh vegetables, seafood and meats sourced locally, we are able to ensure high quality dining that will exceed your expectations.
Sydney, Australia
“An exceptional meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Sotto Sotto was recommended by the skipper of one of the riverboats we travelled on. The space is lovely and quite elegant, and on a cold evening in Bath a welcoming refuge. We were lucky to find a table for two on a Saturday night, without a booking. We later learned that it can be very difficult to make a booking at short notice.
Olives, bread, pizza all of very good quality, with attentive and skilful staff.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“First class in every respect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Sotto Sotto offered us a faultless dining experience on Friday evening. From the time we made the booking itself, through the welcome we received on arrival, the food itself and the farewell, the service we received was absolutely exceptional. The Sotto Sotto team make you realise how easy it is to be friendly but how often restaurant staff fail to pay attention to simple kindnesses. All of this is even before beginning to describe the wonderful cavern setting and the exceptional Italian food. I cannot recommend Sotto Sotto highly enough - my only reservation in offering such a glowing review is that I will make it even harder to secure a table next time we visit Bath. That said, I have every confidence Antonio will remember us!

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly, great service and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We came here as a coupleon a Thursday evening on a trip to Bath. Having read the reviews on trip advisor I had really high expectations and was not disappointed.

We were greeted very warmly and lead to our table, the venue is amazing, It's nicely lit and is very atmospheric. Our waiter, Manuel couldn't do enough for us, it was some of the most polite, attentive service I have ever received.

The food was great, starters were lovely and so was the main course. There's plenty of choice on the menu, something for everyone and the portion sizes were excellent. We were very full after but managed to force seem handmade truffles down with an Italian coffee which were both delicious.

I would highly recommend Soto Soto, the food was delicious, the service exceptional, a wonderful experience from start to finish. The manager, Antonio remembered my name when we thanked him for the lovely meal, the atmosphere was very friendly, vibrant but relaxing. I can't wait to go back. Thank you Antonio and Manuel for a fantastic evening and my compliments to the chef.

Dover, United Kingdom
“What service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great Italian with brilliant menu and interesting wine list. Atmospheric cellar location. What made the visit extra special was the attentive service. I can easily see why this is regarded as Bath's number one restaurant.

Visited June 2013
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon Highlight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We spent a couple of nights in Bath for part of our honeymoon week and my husband just managed to get a table at this place after a cancellation. Wow, how the reviews were spot on! What a fabulous meal. The asparagus and pea risotto was the best I'd ever tasted and my bruschetta was TDF. When booking the table, the person asked whether it was for a specific occasion and my husband mentioned we were on our honeymoon. You would have thought we were royalty.....The staff were soooo attentive (not just to us, to everyone) and they couldn't do enough. I would definately recommend this restaurant to absolutely anyone. The prices are extremely competitive and it's a must for visits to Bath. Thanks to all the personnel at Sotto Sotto for making a perfect evening.