“Excellent in every aspect!!! Highly recommended.”
Review of Sotto Sotto

Sotto Sotto
Ranked #2 of 593 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BOOKING IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. We are closed from 1st-14th August, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Easter Sunday & from 1st-14th January. Situated just a few steps away from the Roman Baths, our attractive and atmospheric restaurant is located in a charming candle lit historical cellar of natural Bath stone with vaulted ceilings throughout, and resembles the cavernous cellars of an Italian grotto.The main characteristic of our cuisine is its simplicity. We rely on the quality of our ingredients rather than on elaborate preparation.We also like to offer traditional Italian dishes with a contemporary twist because we strongly believe in those 'Sapori' (flavours).With our finest ingredients coming from Italy, and all of our fresh vegetables, seafood and meats sourced locally, we are able to ensure high quality dining that will exceed your expectations.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I love dinning out but never write reviews.my experience eating @ sotto sotto is unforgettable in a good way. The excellent customer service to mention our server Boris and the very warmth and welcoming owner Antonio. The food was perfection. Very cosy ambience. I have been in few known restaurant here in bath like of those along milsom place but none of them could top the sotto sotto's Italian authentic food.Can't wait for my next visit.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is simply an excellent restaurant. The food and service are of the highest standard. You cannot fail to have an superb experience.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

A fascinating location - built into the arches of a major bridge crossing into central Bath.
A wonderful welcome - all waiters were extremely polite, very warm and happy to chat to you.
An excellent menu - all main italian classics (such as lasagne, pizza) but many interesting options too.
High quality - superb meals, extremely well presented and very tasty

We were there the day before my 50th Birthday and the staff made it a special occassion. Talking of which, that night the waiters celebrated the birthdays of three other people by gathering around the table, singing "Happy Birthday" to them and providing them a slice of the delicious Sotto Sotto Cheesecake.

A must!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

After reading other reviews on here I booked for me and my girlfriend to go on our recent weekend away in Bath. I rang weeks in advance and was surprised they were already booked around the time I wanted to go but the man on the phone managed to sort me a table and mentioned how important customer service was to them and how he would get me in at a time to suit me. Once we arrived we were welcomed at the door, our coats taken to the cloak room and seated. On the way to the table all the staff were smiley and welcoming.
The restaurant itself was great; the old stone all around really set it apart from the rest.
The food was amazing, cooked perfectly and very very tasty!
The service we received was second-to-none and dishes were served promptly and table cleaned in between courses.
I was also pleasantly surprised by the bill, which was very reasonably priced given the quality and service... 100% recommend!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had lunch here on Tuesday, intrigued by the excellent Trip Advisor reviews.
We weren't disappointed either. Attentive , but unobtrusive service. We were totally looked after throughout the experience.The food was lovely,authentic Italian cuisine. Just one thing, please do a classic minestrone soup next time we're in town! Lovely. Thank you.