“Loved the place, food, service - everything SUPERB!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sotto Sotto

Sotto Sotto
Ranked #2 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: BOOKING IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. We are closed from 1st-14th August, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Easter Sunday & from 1st-14th January. Situated just a few steps away from the Roman Baths, our attractive and atmospheric restaurant is located in a charming candle lit historical cellar of natural Bath stone with vaulted ceilings throughout, and resembles the cavernous cellars of an Italian grotto.The main characteristic of our cuisine is its simplicity. We rely on the quality of our ingredients rather than on elaborate preparation.We also like to offer traditional Italian dishes with a contemporary twist because we strongly believe in those 'Sapori' (flavours).With our finest ingredients coming from Italy, and all of our fresh vegetables, seafood and meats sourced locally, we are able to ensure high quality dining that will exceed your expectations.
“Loved the place, food, service - everything SUPERB!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

This restaurant is a real find! Service is second to none, you are looked after from the minute you get in there to the minute you leave, the waiters are so very friendly, I could not fault them. Food was excellent and so reasonable, I can't believe it's such good value for such an exceptional standard. Really do love this place and would highly recommend going.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Llanymynech, United Kingdom
“Good dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I used to eat at a restaurant at this address about 10 years ago. It was a striking dining room then as it is now. You descend from street level to the restaurant which sits beneath North Parade. The vaulted stonework with attractive lighting and flooring deliver a handsome room in which to dine. The restaurant has been tastefully updated by the new owners.

The menu is varied including hot & cold starters, pasta, risotto, meat & fish. I chose prawns served with fagioli beans followed by my test of any Italian restaurant – spaghetti carbonara. The food was nicely presented, tasted very good indeed and portions sizes were appropriate (not too much pasta, just right). I thought it was pretty good value too. Homemade bread was complimentary and although the restaurant was busy they managed to accommodate me. The service was excellent, I will definitely return. My advice, book to avoid disappointment. The only reason it gets four dots not five is that I have only eaten here once. If they can deliver like this consistently the next review will be five.

London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had rung the week before to make a reservation for the next saturday and they were fully booked which I was sad about as I had been recommended to eat here.

We went anyway, all the staff were wonderful, friendly and welcoming. They said they would see what they can do...and after a bit of a wait and a few drinks later, we got a table!!!

The drinks were good - Gennard the barman was lovely and friendly.
The food was gorgeous, lovely presentation!!!
Plus, they have a lovely surprise for birthdays :)

All staff including Davide and Antonio were amazing.

Will recommend to anyone visiting Bath and will return!!!

Sedbergh, United Kingdom
“last minute anniversary meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We looked through the list of eating places provided in our 5* boutique hotel and although my wife was feeling decidedly poorly and not up to anything out of the ordinary, I called Sotto Sotto to see if they had availability for our 32nd anniversary meal. 7th Feb, 6.50pm call and they managed to offer a table for 7.15pm. I said I may be a little late by the time we'd walked down. They were fine about us arriving at 7.25pm and showed us to a fine corner table. Meal was good with excellent service. Wife had Risotto. I had seafood grill mix. All spot on. shared great desert. All in all, a great experience that will live with us if not for poor Lizzy's illness then how she managed to taste anything.

Bedfordshire
“WOW OH WOW AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

What a find, you wouldn't know it was open from the signs but we went down the stairs and wasn't dissapointed it's very unique with its underground setting.

Lovely welcome we hadn't booked a table as didn't think we would need to on a Sunday evening but if your going to go a good idea to book as was very busy with people arriving all the time, we only had to wait 5 mins and was taken to a table. The restaurnant inside is so beautiful and charming a little GEM if you ask me just perfect!!!

Wonderful ambience, fantastic value and the food amazing! I had the bruschetta for my starter and was very tasty and fresh, my husband had the king Prawns which he said was also tasty his only disappointment was he only had 4 prawns and just thought 6 would of been more pleasing. The Lasagne was the one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had, and my husband had the Sotto Sotto Pizza he said that was delicious.

The cost was spectacular we paid £36 for 2 starters, 2 mains, bottle of beer and a diet coke.

The Staff were very helpful and attentive and their desire to please you was geniune. The atmosphere was very relaxed and a pleasure to dine here 10/10 for sure.