“Authentic chinese food served by friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hon Fusion
Ranked #234 of 563 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bath
“Authentic chinese food served by friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

I moved into this area of Bath 3 years ago and have probably eaten in Hon Fusion about 6 times. I have always been warmly received and, even when the restaurant is busy, I have not been kept waiting too long for my food to arrive. It's not over priced and the portions are generous. You can go elsewhere in the city and enjoy an 'as much as you can eat' buffet, but you may find that quality suffers as a result.

I have read other reviewer's experiences and, admittedly, there is some variation, but I can only share my own personal findings which are that the food is consistently good and there is an extensive menu. Chinese beer is available on draught, complimentary prawn crackers are served on arrival and, of course, you will not leave without your fortune cookie. I took my cousin and her partner there after a visit to the Bath Thermae Spa, and they were impressed by its authenticity. They should know something about oriental food as they used to spend part of each winter in South East Asia.

I tend to reward myself with a meal there every so often, as it is only 4 minutes from my flat. I eat on my own and take a book, so I am not particularly mindful of the décor. To be honest, I don't visit Chinese restaurants for the décor. As long as the place is clean and comfortable, I'm no great critic of the ambience.

One thing. Widcombe village is undergoing improvements, involving minimising the impact of heavy vehicles on it's main street. Roadworks are currently in place which may last until November. Parking spaces may be at a premium. Don't let this deter you from visiting. The new Southgate shopping development in Bath has ample parking and Widcombe village is a short walk away of about 6 minutes, behind the railway station and just across the river Avon.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Overcooked appetisers, average meals”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Disappointed in the food, appetizers were overcooked.Meals were average but quite bland.Decor was like a dated chinese resteraunt from the 80's.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Alanorah B
Chippenham, England
“Great Chinese for a Lunchtime Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have been here a few times for lunch with people from work. You can get a starter and a main course for 6.99 or 7.99 I can't remember. You get a choice of a selection of soups, spring rolls and prawn toast for starter and a large variety of main courses. The Jasmin tea is free is you fancy something light to drink.

I have had the Crispy Chilli Beef a couple of times and the amount of chilli has varied a lot from being very weak to a lot so I don't know if you can ask for the desired heat or not. If you have been to Hoi Faan the menu is very similar except for a few dishes and both are similar quality.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Bad take away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

In Bath for the weekend and fancied a Chinese take away. The reviews on trip advisor and google led us to order food from here and it was terrible. All of it. We ordered simple food and for the money we spent one would expect much better.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rockinblues1980
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Having a real desire for a great Chinese meal, i contacted trip advisor and saw Hon Fusion in Bath as #1 chinese.

We went there and yes, as per the earlier reveiws there were plenty of chinese diners....

They presumably also felt ill all night, dehydrated bue to the MSG, and generally awful next day!

Give it a miss.