“Top Chinese!”

Hon Fusion
Ranked #224 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bath, United Kingdom
“Top Chinese!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our daughter Sarah lives in China and she rates this as more authentic than any other Chinese restaurant in Bath. Judging by the number of Chinese students who eat here this is clearly a view shared by many. We have eaten here on several occasions, it is always very busy and does a lively take away trade too. The food is great, there is a large menu and good range of special dishes available - a particular favourite is the Spicy Pork with Aubergine. Considering how busy it can be we have always found the service good, though not always warm and friendly.

The only Chinese we would use in Bath!

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
“Good food but not good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great food especially if you keep off sweet chilly stuff , ask for daily specials . Service is too poor , I mean I think an extra person on the floor who spoke good English will be an emprovment.

IlonaK
“Most authentic Chinese I've ever had in the UK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We love this place and can't wait to go back.
The decor is pretty basic and the service is friendly enough but nothing to write home about.
However, the food is superb. It's very authentic and tasty, and the portions are generous. There's lots of choice, and you will find familiar classics - crispy seaweed, lemon chicken, sweet and sour - alongside things I've never seen on a menu before, like a particularly delicious wonton soup.
The restaurant was not as busy as it deserves to be, possibly because it's not right in the centre (though by no means far out). About 80% of the clientele was Chinese when we were there, which I took as a very good endorsement.
Long live Hon Fusion!

Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
“Look past the decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We visited this restaurant based purely on reviews on here and were not disappointed.

On walking in, a large group of chinese people were just coming out - a good sign. We chose the table for two right at the back, not a great choice as we were between the ladies loo and the gents loo/entrance to stairs to kitchen. The tables are all quite close together so we found ourselves ducking and weaving to avoid waiters and diners going past.

The last point which may be seen as negative was the staff, who were a little scruffy, the waiter had a hoody and jeans! But, all were friendly and helpful. I just feel it would be more professional to dress a little more smart casual.

However, it was the food we came for and it was truly excellent. Duck starter was everything it should be, tender and tasty with the usual hoi sin sauce, spring onions and cucumber batons. Chicken with chilli and salt and pepper tasty and both big portions. Next up chilli chicken, crispy chilli beef, mushroom chow mein (not on menu but cooked on request - without bean sprouts - we got the impression nothing was too much trouble and dishes could happily be adapted on request), plain boiled rice and a chilli rice! Excellent, all big portions, and we couldn't eat it all!

Managed to eat most of mine with chop sticks, never really used them before but everyone else was using them so thought I'd make an effort.

The decor is adequate, the staff a bit scruffy, but they are welcoming, friendly and helpful, keen to please, and the food is really excellent. I would definitely come back here if we are staying in Bath again.

We had water to drink, the bill was £38, which we felt was very good considering the quality and quantity.

Visited January 2013
UK
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a local restaurant of mine and I'm very happy it's there. I use it quite often for both eating in and takeaway. I now know what all my favourite dishes are and the quality is always excellent. When with a group of people, the bill always seems to come to the same very fair amount no matter how much we eat or drink! I agree the decor is not overly exciting, but so what, this is a dining destination for myself and my friends, whether it be a group meal on a Friday night, or a hangover cure takeaway on a weekend morning. They're open all day from noon til 11pm and are very friendly people.

• Visited December 2012