“Wonderful experience”

Menu Gordon Jones
Ranked #2 of 570 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Menu Gordon Jones is all about amazing food, with an element of surprise. All Chef's menus are seasonal, locally sourced and offer real value for money. To really tickle your taste buds try our dishes, all served by our friendly staff in a funky setting.
Geelong, Australia
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is one hell of a restaurant, four of us booked a Saturday night on a recent trip to Bath. Warmly greeted we were explained the procedure for the night. Course after course each with wonderful tastes. Carefully selected wines to go with each course was an unexpected bonus. The food and wine was given a detailed description on arrival. Only seats around 14 so don't expect to walk in.
People who have been a bit dissapointed or think it is not worth the hype have travelled much. To earn a Michelin star you have to be good, very good and this was very satisfying for all of us.

• Visited August 2012

“A must for all foodies!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We've just made our second visit to enjoy Gordon's surprise taster menu and it was just as good as the first time. Each of the five courses was beautifully presented and delicious, and the quantities were generous.
The restaurant is small so it isn't a lively/buzzing type experience but instead you get to see the care and attention to detail being put to each dish and as a diner get to focus on the food which is the star.
We expect a bigger restaurant in central Bath beckons soon for Gordon, but until then we recommend venturing out to Bear Flat, you won't be disappointed in our opinion.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not worth the hype”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We tried this restaurant because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor, but we were dissappointed. It was our wedding anniversary and although the food was good, after the amount of money that we spent we left feeling underwhelmed by the whole experience. And as much as I hate to say it but some of the dishes weren't seasoned properly, at least not to my nor my husbands taste. For us it's not just about food I think the ambiance is also a big part of the dining experience and I am sorry to say but the ambiance was missing. We don't go out often and unfortunately for us we feel like there must be better places in Bath.

4 Thank Erin J
Bristol, United Kingdom
“"A bit disappointed"”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went there after reading the excellent reviews on TA. Food was ok, well presented...perhaps a bit pricey and little in the way of atmosphere(there are only four tables in the whole place). Not a spectacular experience. If you have higher aspirations then go elsewhere

4 Thank richard c
New York
“A really different and amazing experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I tried to book for dinner many weeks ahead of my visit to Bath, but nothing was available until two months after my visit; so I settled for a booking for a Wednesday lunch. Given the difficulty of getting a table at this tiny (seats only 14) and wonderful restaurant, I hate to add another five-star review; but I have to be honest: the experience was amazing. There is no menu: what you are served is what the chef decides to cook that day. But it is out of this world. The restaurant, although situated in an unspectacular location, a healthy walk from the city center (when I was a kid I used to catch the bus home from school at the bus stop a few feet from the door), has a nice atmosphere and attractive interior. The chef and his staff make you feel very welcome and they certainly do not rush you. Overall, a really different experience and well worth the hassle of planning a meal months ahead of time.

• Visited September 2012