“Is it supposed to be like this?”

West Cornwall Pasty Company
Ranked #8 of 8 Bakeries in Bath
North Vancouver, Canada
“Is it supposed to be like this?”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Went for the pasty on the sidewalk in Bath experience. It had a bit of flavour (better with sauce) but I couldn't understand why it was filled mostly with overcooked onions, so little meat, lots of crust (flakey/chewy). I haven't had pasties that often, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps this is what a British pasty is supposed to be like (??) Not sure. Still, I didn't want another. So I moved on to the fries that came with the combo. The fries were large, salty, and pretty intense -- my wrong choice (too starchy) after the doughy pasty.

Counter service was pleasant. Outdoor seating a little tight due to location in busy sidewalk.

• Visited May 2013
WCPC, Customer Service at West Cornwall Pasty Company, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
We are sorry to hear you were disappointed visiting following your visit to our Bath store. Please contact info@westcornwallpasty.co.uk so that we can respond to you directly and obtain some further details so that we can look into these issues and address them accordingly.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Best Pasty's EVER”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Little place, however, I have had a patsy in Wales and had alwAYS been disappointed. But this place, oh my goodness.....fantastic flaky crust and delicious cheese and onion filling. I will be coming back and tasting the others as well!

Visited August 2013
WCPC, Customer Service at West Cornwall Pasty Company, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. These have been passed on to the store who will be thrilled to hear your feedback. Please contact info@westcornwallpasty.co.uk so that we can personally thank you” 
Bath, United Kingdom
“Wow! Great Pasties”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Whenever we are in Bath we ensure that we get a few of these great pasties to take home and eat al fresco. Great choices and piping hot. Recommended.

Visited February 2013
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Not many miner's could afford this staple food!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

2 x (reasonably) large Cornish pasties
2 x diet pepsi
1 x potatoes wedges

When ordering, we were encouraged to accept the offer of some freshly baked potato wedges, which we accepted, out of politeness, and were charged for the unrequested addition. The wedges were spiced, but dry.

The pasties were ok, but not remarkably big or tasty. Once again, we were not offered any sauces so the entire taste experience was very dry.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank gumhead11
London, United Kingdom
“Poor quality”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was excited by the prospect of a pasty in Bath. I was severely disappointed and did not think it was good value. I had the traditional pasty and lets just say there wasn't much filling, more pastry! I have had pasty in supermarket with more meat at half the price! It was lunch time, but the pastry was quite chewy. There are a few other places around, maybe try them out, they seem to be more reasonably priced too.

• Visited March 2013