“high quality classic indian and fusion food”
Review of The Mint Room

The Mint Room
Ranked #31 of 590 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Mint Room, is a multi award-winning fine dining Indian restaurant located in the beautiful, historic city of Bath...
Reviewed November 27, 2013

starters were delicious, and the main courses showed great innovation from indian classics. Value for money quite good for such a well regarded place.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Popped in for lunch and although I was the only one there received a rally warm welcome and told to sit where ever I liked. Ordered quickly , chicken labadar bit a bit spicy. Arrived short wile after but unfortunately it had small diced peppers in it which I cannot eat as they don't agree with me. The description on the menu didn't mention any which is why I went for it. The presentation was v good. Waiter came over and asked if ok and I mentioned the above. It hour hesitation he said I will change it for you but I didn't want to make a seen or waste the food but he insisted saying that they want their customers to enjoy their food. I agreed and said something like a madras would do. Whilst waiting he also offer to make me a new fresh naan which I said I was ok for and also felt a bit guilty for the return. Madras returned and was delicious. Everything was new and fresh including rice/chicken etc which want new but really good service. Could not fault them here. The food is delicious and their service is first class. Really worth a visit. V reasonably price ESP seeing the complete change of meal which wasn't charged for. Well done mint rooms, excellent service.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This place was *fine*. Perfectly adequate for a curry and nice-ish food. Cocktail disappointing but I suppose that should have been anticipated.

We were at the end of a nice (but a little underwhelming) meal when we noticed the staff were struggling to seat a party of 8. We volunteered to take our bill and move to create enough space. The staff were polite and apologetic and said if we did do that, we would be treated "extra special". Well we laughed and said don't worry, we'll just have the bill and get on our way.... well we were persuaded (in fact it was seemingly compulsory) to take this "extra special" treatment so we were taken to a different table..... where we sat.... for 10 minutes.... with no service. So then we asked for the bill, paid and stood up. The original waiter came over and asked if we'd enjoyed our "extra special" treatment. We explained it hadn't been forthcoming and we were now on our way.... he asked (again) if we'd like a drink/cocktail since we'd been such good sports but we said we were fine and ready to go anyway...

It then turned into a bit of a farce when he tried to pressure us into having a "shot for the road.... come on.... it won't even be that nasty.... oh go on.... I'll make it for you myself.... quickly... I'll make it well.... come on just a quick one...." etc. Well it was a semi-romantic meal for two. Just a bit of an odd end to a meal (we declined).

1  Thank Holiday_Claire
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been to quite a lot of curry houses in the Bath area, and there are some very nice ones in the area, but The Mint Room is a league above. It is in a slightly odd location and from the outside and might not notice if you went past, however it has been furnished very well inside. The food we all had was lovely went we went, and there are some things on the menu you wouldn't find at your average Indian, and the food is reasonably priced. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were staying with friends who live in Bath who arranged a visit to the Mint Room on Saturday evening, this was our first to this restaurant and it came highly recommended. We were not disappointed, the welcome we received was excellent. Moe, who I understand to be the owner, recommended some alternative suggestions when taking our food order which proved to be excellent.
The food was first class,as were the staff, Natasha was very good and looked after us very well.She asked us what our names were and remembered them throughout the evening, she really is a credit to this restaurant.
The decor was very tasteful and the atmosphere very pleasant.
I do not understand the couple of negative comments from clients, and can only say 'some people you can never please'. We will return every time we visit Bath.