“Excellent food, excellent service, excellent value.”
Review of The Mint Room

The Mint Room
Ranked #33 of 593 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Mint Room, is a multi award-winning fine dining Indian restaurant located in the beautiful, historic city of Bath...
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Staff are all very polite and helpful. Attentive yet discreet.

Amazing food and excellent value! Would definitely eat there again if we were ever back in the city.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I booked into this restaurant on the basis of TripAdvisor reviews and so had high hopes - and I wasn't disappointed. In fact, I would rate this the best Indian I've been to (and I go to quite a few!).

The food was spectacular - featuring unusual ingredients (the first time I've had red mullet or rabbit at an Indian) in the specials alongside all the usual types of curry and side dishes. All were beautifully presented as well as extremely tasty.

My husband and I had the rabbit and swordfish to start and then the Chicken Lababdar and Mango Mach, plus side dishes, for main course. All were lovely; even the chilli/garlic naan was noticeably better than you usually get - much more pungent and with a great texture.

We were absolutely stuffed after the main courses but couldn't resist dessert - unlike in most Indian restaurants, there are proper puddings (i.e. not just bought-in ice cream) and the one we had (can't remember what it was called but essentially dumplings and ice cream) was delicious.

Service was good - friendly and attentive but never over the top.

The decor inside is nice and quite inventive; the outside of the building is ugly but don't let that put you off!

We were staying at Oldfields B&B (less than half a mile's walk from The Mint Room) and the owners said they frequently came here - I can see why!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

13 girls from Norway on tour in England. Great atmosphere and friendly waiters in addition to very good food made ​​the visit a success. We ate different Indian dishes with a very good combination of flavors. The best Indian meal I have ever eaten! Fantastic! Highly recommended

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had given up on ever finding an Indian restaurant... takeaways, there are many, curry houses, there are many, but a true Indian restaurant that serves Indian cuisine... this was my first.

I did not think Indian food could have subtlety or finesse, I was wrong. The Mint room has it all with impeccable service and excellent prices too. No, it's not the price of your local takeaway, but your local takeaway cannot curry a scallop and still leave you being able to pick out individual spices and other components. The Duck was still tender despite not being the usual European cuisine pink, and the obviously homemade naan was the best I've ever had; And I've had them cooked by a friend's Indian Gran!

Loved the warm, moist towelette!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Turned up without a reservation this evening, they fit us without hesitation considering they had a couple of larger bookings and were pretty full. We had a delicious meal, with cocktails and wine, the service was impeccable, will be dining here again soon.