“Not your normal curry house” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mint Room

The Mint Room
Ranked #38 of 563 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Mint Room, is a multi award-winning fine dining Indian restaurant located in the beautiful, historic city of Bath...
UK
“Not your normal curry house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a curry house with a twist - you don't get your typical tikka masala here, more likely a Welsh lamb shank, with finest Indian spices. This is quite an experience and worth the extra cost.

Visited May 2012

UK
“The best Indian restaurant in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I cannot fault the Mint Room on its food. Having been several times and sampled dishes from across the whole menu I can sincerely recommend it. Everything is freshly cooked, beautifully presented and very tasty. Staff are very friendly, the only problem that has ever occurred was when it was simply too busy one night - we had to wait a little while to attract attention sometimes. This was a sign of how popular it had become, and rightly so. I had no such problem on the last two visits, staff now seem well used to dealing with a full house.
The Mint Room is a notch above any other Indian restaurant I know, and I can;t wait to go back again!

• Visited December 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant to visit in Bath”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went out to dinner when we were staying over in Bath for a spa break. Saw this restaurant on the internet and thought we woudl give it a go. There is a wide menu with traditional offerings and some "new" dishes that are good to try. The staff are super friendly and thier advice on ordering quantity and type of food was spot on.

Would highly recommend to anyone...

• Visited November 2012
Wells, United Kingdom
“Stunning meals, ambience, decor and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

How can The Mint Room rank only #16 restaurant in Bath? Knowing many of the 15 above it, I can tell you, it's a travesty. Go on, take those few extra steps outside the City centre, you'll be richly rewarded.

Start with crab cakes fragrant and spicy but delicious crab through and through and with a sauce whose flavour will drive you nuts!

With your main, don't miss out on the vegetable side dishes: order Aubergine Mash for a taste of heaven with its rich and varied textures. The signature dishes are all wonderful but try the king prawns which more resemble small lobter tails and are succulent, juicy and in a stunning spiced tomato sauce.

The desserts sound great but I've never been able to manage one after the gorgeous starter and mains!

The bill for two of us with 3 pints of Cobra came to £60 which ranks as terrific value considering all we had and the fine quality of everything.

• Visited January 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely Birthday Dinner - will definitely return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went to the Mint Room for my husbands 30th birthday celebration and there were 10 people in the group - everyone was extremely impressed with the restaurant and the food.

We visited at 6pm on a Friday and within a few hours the restaurant became packed (it is advisable to get a reservation as it appears very popular!), due to the layout and lovely decor though it felt very relaxed and there was a great ambience.

The staff were welcoming, friendly and attentive and brought out my husbands birthday cake and helped us sing happy birthday to him. Even though we bought cake with us we were so impressed by the starters and main we couldn't resist desserts!

To begin with we were brought out complimentary mini poppadoms and chutneys and then I went for the Roti Saag served on mini poppadoms which was lovely. For mains I played it safe with a chicken Biryani which was nice and much less greasy than ones I've had in other restaurants. I think next time I visit I will be a bit more adventurous though! My husband went for the lamb shank which looked EPIC! He said it was absolutely amazing and cooked to perfection. My sister had scallops which she said was delicious and the best she'd eaten. The naan breads were gorgeous too, the best I've ever tasted! For dessert I went for the poached pears because I wanted to try the coconut ice cream that is served with it ( I'm normally not a fruit for dessert person!) I have to say that I was blown away by how amazing it tasted. The pears had an aniseed taste (due to the star anise) and the coconut ice cream was divine. My sisters went for sorbet and they were amazed by how good it tasted, I tried a bit and it was bursting with flavour.

The prices are really reasonable, the same if not less than you'd pay at a run of the mill chain restaurant but the food is so much better. Everything was presented beautifully and I can't wait to return and try some more of the menu!

• Visited January 2013