“Stunning meals, ambience, decor and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Mint Room

The Mint Room
Ranked #35 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Mint Room, is a multi award-winning fine dining Indian restaurant located in the beautiful, historic city of Bath...
Wells, United Kingdom
“Stunning meals, ambience, decor and service”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

How can The Mint Room rank only #16 restaurant in Bath? Knowing many of the 15 above it, I can tell you, it's a travesty. Go on, take those few extra steps outside the City centre, you'll be richly rewarded.

Start with crab cakes fragrant and spicy but delicious crab through and through and with a sauce whose flavour will drive you nuts!

With your main, don't miss out on the vegetable side dishes: order Aubergine Mash for a taste of heaven with its rich and varied textures. The signature dishes are all wonderful but try the king prawns which more resemble small lobter tails and are succulent, juicy and in a stunning spiced tomato sauce.

The desserts sound great but I've never been able to manage one after the gorgeous starter and mains!

The bill for two of us with 3 pints of Cobra came to £60 which ranks as terrific value considering all we had and the fine quality of everything.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely Birthday Dinner - will definitely return!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went to the Mint Room for my husbands 30th birthday celebration and there were 10 people in the group - everyone was extremely impressed with the restaurant and the food.

We visited at 6pm on a Friday and within a few hours the restaurant became packed (it is advisable to get a reservation as it appears very popular!), due to the layout and lovely decor though it felt very relaxed and there was a great ambience.

The staff were welcoming, friendly and attentive and brought out my husbands birthday cake and helped us sing happy birthday to him. Even though we bought cake with us we were so impressed by the starters and main we couldn't resist desserts!

To begin with we were brought out complimentary mini poppadoms and chutneys and then I went for the Roti Saag served on mini poppadoms which was lovely. For mains I played it safe with a chicken Biryani which was nice and much less greasy than ones I've had in other restaurants. I think next time I visit I will be a bit more adventurous though! My husband went for the lamb shank which looked EPIC! He said it was absolutely amazing and cooked to perfection. My sister had scallops which she said was delicious and the best she'd eaten. The naan breads were gorgeous too, the best I've ever tasted! For dessert I went for the poached pears because I wanted to try the coconut ice cream that is served with it ( I'm normally not a fruit for dessert person!) I have to say that I was blown away by how amazing it tasted. The pears had an aniseed taste (due to the star anise) and the coconut ice cream was divine. My sisters went for sorbet and they were amazed by how good it tasted, I tried a bit and it was bursting with flavour.

The prices are really reasonable, the same if not less than you'd pay at a run of the mill chain restaurant but the food is so much better. Everything was presented beautifully and I can't wait to return and try some more of the menu!

• Visited January 2013
“Fantastic Service, Great Food!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went here on the advice of tripadvisor reviews. It was a short walk outside of the city centre, but worth the journey! The staff were welcoming and treated us wonderfully throughout the meal. The food is classic Indian with a modern twist - the starters were fantastic and well presented as well as delicious. It was busy even on a Thursday night, so I'm glad we booked! Best Indian I have had out in a long time!

Bath, United Kingdom
“Sadly disappointed”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

After I had read all the other reviews on here for this restaurant I was very eager to try it, so I had made a booking for my husbands birthday.
We arrived and I thought the decor was lovely, not your typical Indian restaurant.
We were then given our menu's which I had asked if I could keep the drinks menu on the table so if I decided to try one of their cocktails I could just choose one, I had to repeat this to five different waiters who every couple of minutes kept coming over to ask to take the menu away, in the end I just let them have it back as I had become quite tired of repeating myself.
The food was nice but I wouldn't rave about it, I felt it was a bit pricey for what it was.
The big issue that I had was that I had asked for the bill at around about 8:40, by 9 we still hadn't received our bill! As our lift was arriving at 9 I had decided I couldn't just wait any longer so I went to the front desk and paid for it there.
I think the thing I noticed is that the waiters don't communicate with each other which would be helpful when they seem to forget things or don't want to annoy the customer.
I highly doubt I will go there again because the food really didn't outweigh the service.

1 Thank gablawbuary
Southampton, United Kingdom
“give it a try”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

you will not be disapointed, beautiful resturant, a wonderful exciting menu, and brillaint service. Its up there in one of the best 5 meals ever !!

• Visited December 2012