“Best Indian in Bath”

The Mint Room
Ranked #64 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Mint Room, is a multi award-winning fine dining Indian restaurant located in the beautiful, historic city of Bath...
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I’ve been looking for a good Indian restaurant in Bath for ages; it wasn’t until my 21st I came here. The décor was simple but elegant and the overall ambience is inviting, as was our reception from the staff upon entering the restaurant. The design of the restaurant is stunning, it is divided into two sections by a line of tassels that is draped sufficiently whereby you can see other customers but you can still have your privacy. The atmosphere is attractive with the soft lighting and the arrangement of tea light candles, which gives this vibe of delicacy to the restaurant.

The staff are attentive and helpful, making menu suggestions and explaining some of the dishes for us. Complimentary mini poppadoms and chutneys to start with went down very well. The menu is suited for both traditionalists and adventurous diners, most of us had a starter and from what I can describe, it was beautifully presented and delightful. I had the Punjabi Sword Fish; it was succulent and the beetroot raitha was mouth-watering. Our main course was another level, it again was presented beautifully, the combination of flavour and texture was perfectly balanced. Even though we had no room for dessert, we were persuaded to try the Gajar ka Halwa, traditional Indian dessert - so glad I did, the nutty flavour with a hint of cardamom was just perfect.

Overall the food and the service was outstanding, The bill was reasonable. If you love Indian cuisine, you will definitely love the Mint Room. I cant wait for my next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,407)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Wonderful food, well presented and great value for money. Excellent menu and customer service great !

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Don't be put off by the location - this restaurant is seriously good! The food is outstanding, beautifully presented and with generous portion sizes - the best Indian meal we've ever had.
The service was sadly very slow and this is the only reason for not giving it am excellent here, but if it was just about the food, this place would be absolutely first-class!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We ate here as part of a city break for my wifes 40th Birthday.

The food here is absolutely stunning. . I remember having scallops with star anise as a starter. What they do with their delicate spicing is exceptional.. The place is very tranquil with the main space dark separated with a clever air curtain.

I would say that the service was very poor to be honest. I think the waiting staff have a bit of an attitude which detracted from the occasion. The head waiter did come to us to chat but it was rather token.

I would say that the mint room is trying to be aspirational. The mere name is aspirational and the staff lack aspiration except for the chefs who deliver outstanding cuisine worthy of a michellin star in some respects. I think this restaurant has based itself on atul kochhar but fails on its front of house.

The 4 circle rating is for the food alone , hence it is well worth going. I hope they read this review and undertstand that attitude and service is everything.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Enjoyed the food but felt it was a little style over substance. The decor and surroundings wee very pleasant. The waiters were a little too attentive and I felt that they were just a bit too much. Enjoyable but I don't think I would go back