“Lovely cafe and food, a few niggles.”
Review of Wild Cafe

Wild Cafe
Ranked #86 of 607 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: WELCOME! Here at Wild Cafe, were crazy about simple food made with quality ingredients! Come join us for all day brunch or lunch!
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

In have been in for coffee or lunch 4 or 5 times and I really like the little cafe, relaxed atmosphere and the food especially all day brunch. I will keep coming back. I think it is overall good value and a sweet place. A few issues: have had very hit and miss staff. Most recently a lovely friendly girl. The previous time, a girl who was far more interested in serving her friends who had just walked in (after us) than clearing of wiping our table, both of which I had to ask to be done. Obviously this is a cafe not a restaurant but if you offer table service it has to be good!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stumbled across this place by accident when we were looking for a spot of lunch. The place is constantly busy and is worth the wait if you need to queue for a table. There is a wide selection on the menu and everything is freshly cooked to order in a kitchen at the back where you can see what's going on. There can be a wait for the food once you have ordered due to the small kitchen but the fact that everything is so freshly prepared makes up for this. Will be back!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Cute cafe, appealing in appearance and its cosy with just a handful of tables. It was cold in temperature too as the door was left open and took the only available table in the centre of the cafe.

Service was good although my daughters orange juice was served without a straw and I was told they didn't do straws (straws are a must for children!). The coffee was indeed very good but the cakes a little disappointing. I tried to order the chocolate brownie and lemon drizzle cake, mentioned on the menu but was told that they didn't have the cakes listed on the menu but instead could offer a tea cake, a crumpet, a lemon cake or a flapjack. We ordered the lemon cake and flapjack. The lemon cake was okay, but the flapjack had fruit in it, which should have been mentioned! It was disappointing that none of the cakes were available to see..

I agree about the cafe being slightly grubby. The toilets were dark and dingy and smelly (no air ventilation) and my my coffee cup was chipped.

This could be a lovely little place but it needs to step up.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I almost thought I was back in Camden, this place has a nice quirky feel to it. I popped in for breakfast on my last day and was very pleased with what I received.

The full English was freshly prepared, and portion size was on the smaller side but that wasn't too much of an issue as what you got was quality. It wasn't greasy, and I was even able to order a poached egg (fellow English breakfast lovers will know some cages refuse to do this). It was very well done too, thank you!

Coffee was amazing, I thought the cute antique spoons were a nice touch.

Another thing...the chef was amazingly cute!

Good food with a view.... :)

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

This is an ok place for breakfast/brunch.
Atmosphere is quite relaxed and food is reasonably priced.
However what we ordered wasn't really what we were expecting:
I had pancakes and they were not traditional - american style - ones. They were quite chubby, not fluffy and very small.
We also had eggs benedict and the eggs were overcooked.
Portions are quite small as well.