“tiny place but good wine selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tasting Room

Tasting Room
Ranked #121 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Wine Merchants with a large selection of specialist wines and spirits with the option of drinking wine, whisky or gin whilst surrounded by bottles available to purchase to take home - open Monday to Saturday daytime and Friday and Saturday till 7pm. A chance to drink surrounded by wines and spirits - drink from our wine list or choose a bottle from the shelves and pay a corkage charge on retail prices or try a tasting flight of either wine, whisky or Gin
Houston, Texas
“tiny place but good wine selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Varied and delicious menu. Risotto was rushed and underdone but rest of meal was delicious. Service was attentive if a little slow. There was a large party the night we were there.

Visited August 2012

“Fantastic wine, average food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here a number of times and been very pleasantly surprised by the knowledge and helpfulness of the staff. The wine choices are extensive and fantastic- the staff are happy to offer tasters and give suggestions, which often prove to be well worthwhile. The food, which is a touch overpriced, is pleasant but not innovative and provides a nice accompaniment to the wine rather than the other way around. Rather pricey but good for an indulgent evening!

“Amazing fod and excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I took my girlfriend to dinner here on a Saturday night, although we didn't have a reservation the very friendly staff took our order while we waited at the bar for a table to become free, and it was most defiantly worth the wait, the lamb croquettes were sublime, the chorizo was the best I have ever tasted. Our main courses were just as satisfying, lamb rump cooked pink to perfection for myself, and my partner had the pork belly , both were exsquisetly cooked and presented, for dessert we decided to have the bitter chocolate fondant with the salted caramel and popcorn, usually when I've had this dish before, it's arrived at the table over cooked, thankfully this wasn't to be one of those times, as I cut into the fondant, the chocolate filling oozed out. A perfect end to a perfect night, beautiful food excellent and friendly staff, well done tasting room, quite possibly the best restaurant I've visited in Bathb

Swindon
“Fabulous find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I've always avoided places to eat which are up stairs or in basements and therefore can't be seen from the street, but I'd read such positive reviews about The Tasting Room, that it seemed only right to find out for myself when I went on a girls day out in Bath a few weeks ago and needed to find somewhere for lunch. Well, we weren;t disappointed. Quite the reverse in fact. What a brilliant find and definitely somewhere I'll be returning to soon. I chose a trio of tapas, which were all really delicious and perfect for lunch. The service was very friendly and efficient. It was a pity the weather was keeping true to form this summer, which meant, of course that it was raining, or else we would of liked to have eaten in the tiny secluded garden area. Do venture up those stairs. You are in for a treat.

• Visited August 2012
Twickenham, null, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We arrived on a Friday night after driving up from London, we were late and when I called to delay our table the staff could not have been more understanding. Had a great meal and will visit again.

Visited August 2012