“Good coffee, good food”

Cuisines: Italian, Spanish, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Eclectic little cafe, with terrific staff, good food and the best coffee I've found in Bath. Would compare with most good coffee houses in Australia/New Zealand.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I love this place! Discovered it a month or two ago. Great spot for lunch, always something different to try, the salads are interesting and diverse and the meat (different every day) is cooked very well. Staff are friendly and enthusiastic and the atmosphere / decoration is wonderful. If your lucky you may even get some live music, there was a violinist and accordion player on my last visit. Order the meat and salad plate for £9, get what your given and enjoy! :)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I'm a food service professional, and when I go out I like good unique food in a casual environment. Sam's Kitchen ticks all the boxes for me. It's super casual, the selection is immense for the size of the place, and the food is excellent and always interesting. We've been only twice and we've really enjoyed the sharing platter. The server recognized us, remembered what we had last time, and made a suggestion. Excellent, low-key service. I don't think it's for everyone, but it suits me nicely.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic artisan meal here with two friends. Visiting Bath and stumbled upon Sam's. great staff who were more than happy to accommodate our preferences. Will definitely return. Top marks for food!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Had lunch at Sam's Kitchen a couple of days ago. Very expensive, small portions - a tiny plate of a selection of two salads, (because the other two salads were bulgar wheat or potatoes - all inexpensive carbs...) I had curried caulifower salad and something equally unappetising - came to £8.50 for me. My husband's chicken and salad (same size plate) was £9.50 and tomato soup with bread £6.50. With his carrot and ginger juice) it all came to just under £30!

Music couldn't be called music - it was loud, overpowering drums, synthesisers, repetitive durge. Three times I had to ask for it to be turned down a little - was told this was the cafe's image, and so it couldn't be done.

Won't be eating there again.