“We enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Bath
Medan, Indonesia
“We enjoyed our stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel a have some charm and it looks very nice outside. I had a good sleep and so did my friend. Also the price is so much cheap compared to other hotel. I think people on here complain when they find a wrong but go to other country and you see worse very much of the time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked this hotel last minuite for 2 nights, the night before our trip to Bath. We completely forgot to trip advisor it, and when we did after booking, I have to admit I felt SICK! With so many bad reviews we considered cancelling, but, my girlfriend insisted we give it a go.
When we arrived we were very impressed by the street, stunning Georgian architecture is everywhere and it was exsactly what we'd hoped for. We shuffled in very suspiciously and were pleasantly suprised. The interior decor is very inkeeping with the time of the building (As I would expect it to be) with large beams, crazy wall paper, glass chaneliours and a grand piano. The chap at reception checked us in with ease, and we equired about car parking (I had read that this was expencive and difficult to get from the hotel) and we told it was free during the week and just to go round the back (wonderful as the street outside the Hotel is £2.40 PER HOUR!).
Our room was very clean, with a comfortable but old double bed. We had a clean en-suite room with a bath and over shower which was powerful. I had read that there was no hot water, but we always had hot water! There was a small, but well working LCD tv, and the Tea / coffee making facilities were just fine! A maid brought new towels and loo rolls each day so we couldn't complain on that front!
Things remained pretty quiet throughout our stay at the Redcar, I mean sure you could hear the odd ciren in the distance, but when I book to stay in a listed building I know there won't be double glazing!
But the best thing about this place is the location; we didn't have to use the car once! 2 Mins walk and you're in the city centre!
Things to think about though when your booking this place:
A. Don't expect silver service for pennies just beacause you're in the city centre, they won't carry your bags to the room; get over it.
B. It is a listed building, meaning they aren't allowed to change things like windows to double glaze, but that's part of it's charm surley when you visit a city like Bath? It was wonderfully warm and comfortable with MASSIVE high cielings!
C. Yes it prob could use a lick of paint here and there, but on a budget I wasn't really expecting the Ritz!
D. We never visited the bar, but if it isn't stocked it's prob because it's out of season, and with so many wonderful bars and eateries so close who needs it?!
I would recomend this place for a budget stay in the wonderful location!

Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great location and could have so much going for it if someone would invest some money. It needs a complete overhaul including new mattresses - all the springs have gone, new lighting, new decoration and good clean and it should use the large restaurant it has, if only for breakfast. Reception can be brusk and no wonder why would you trust them when they try not to be helpful (eg You're too early come back at 2pm - no mention that we could leave our bags until we asked) We booked this place as a change to a Travelodge for Bath Half Marathon weekend - one lesson learnt.

1 Thank Pete O

Travelers are raving about these Bath hotels

Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just wanted somewhere to stop for one night after watching the rugby. This was ideally located, but is well overdue some attention! Would not have wanted to spend any longer there but for the centre of Bath you get what you pay for! If you book in advance you can book a car parking space for £10 extra which is helpful.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Whilst the hotel does need a luck of paint the location is amazing. I also found the staff accommodating and the room whilst basic was clean, the bed was very comfy and the shower warm and powerful. As a single female I felt safe both walking to the hotel and in the hotel. It doesn't have a lift so may not be great for old or pregnant people but for those in good fitness is fine. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Should not be called a hotel but a hostel. Should be closed down very outdated and staff are very rude. Does not included breakfast even tho I paid for it was told that they had no bread!!!!! Disugusting worst stay ever please look else where, the 4 people who reveiwed this hotel as excellent clearly are the 4 workers that work in this hotel noone in there right mind would rate this hotel. I like to stay in hotels with running hot water and a comfortable matress. Please read this and stay somewhere else in bath its a beautiful city!

• Stayed February 2013
Newbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The location is great, there is parking @ £10 / day, in avery tight and and quite awkward carpark, but the hotel itself and the staff are pretty awful.

The personal hygiene of the person checking us was horrendous - even with a cold the smell was enough to make you gag. The bathroom also had some mold and was generally not as clean as you would expect. In general the hotel is run down and not very pleasant - one of teh worst places I have stayed in a very long time. The building is interesting, but is so drab it detracts from it.

I am glad it was quiet as the doors to the rooms would afford very little sound protection.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple