Redcar Hotel
$314
$108
$100
  • Room Service
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$113
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
$89
Harington's Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$113
$110
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 3, 2013

All I can say is that it is definitely an experience that you won't forgot but for all the wrong reasons!!!!

On arrival the man behind the desk spoke barely any english so checking in was quite a chore!! The room was on the top floor, it was extremely dated with a bed that should have been thrown away along time ago!! The TV was tiny and didn't work. The bathroom seemed fine, a little small but clean. That was until I discovered there was no hot water from the shower and when I turned the hot water tap it just made a gurgling sound with no water arriving!!! I called reception and a gentleman came straight away, he explained that as I was right at the top of the building there wasn't any pressure for the water. I did explain to him that it was something that was his problem, not mine and that the room shouldn't be let if it has not got something so basic as hot water!!! It kind of went in one ear and out of the other. Things got even more interesting when just before going out I decided to grab a drink from their dated and lifeless bar. The barman didn't know what a gin and tonic was and even worse had no ice!!!! Thats a first!!! The whole stay felt like you were in the middle of a real life Fawlty Towers half expecting Manuel and Basil Fawlty to come charging through reception!!! Bath is a beautiful place, the Redcar is one place you should avoid!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My friend booked this for a lads weekend so we thought the basic requisites of enough pillows and hot water would suffice. Unfortunately not as these rooms had neither. The receptionist was very helpful and friendly but the overall experience was not of the grade we were expecting for bath.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Keanureeves101
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The receptionist where rude and unhelpful, the whole place was old run down and had a very distinctive foul smell. The bed was so uncomfortable the every time I moved i felt every spring. Do waste your money or your time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

To be fair it was a good price for a hotel in Bath but things were quite basic. There wasn't WIFI, and no breakfast was provided. My room was also quite basic - there was a tiny TV and the signal seemed weak. The tap in the bathroom kept dripping. My room was freezing and the radiator didn't seem hot enough (keeping in mind it was -1 outside). When I asked for an extra blanket at the reception, the man there automatically called someone to look at the radiator in my room without me asking, so that should be to the credit of the hotel. Overall, it was cheap and fairly quiet.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This place should be shut down. So wish I had read the reviews first. I booked this in a rush as we are caught in the snow. Wish I had driven home ! On arrival the creepy man on reception met us with complaints of being on duty 12 hours and still had 5 more to go. The room was filthy, the shower door hanging off its hinges. The shower itself was choked with hair and the whole mouldy and vile. The wallpaper was torn, the carpet filthy and the windows didn't have any curtains despite being single glazed, leaky and freezing cold. I have taken loads of photos but are going to try and upload just one. It is all you need to see. My mattress was ripped and coming apart. It was a very old sprung and stained item. So old that if you touched it the fabric had disintegrated to the point that it came away in your hand. DO NOT BOOK HERE.

Room Tip: Impossible I imagine !!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple