“Great place for a large party.”
Review of Joya Restaurant

Joya Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Joya Restaurant offers modern Italian dining in a fantastic position overlooking the world famous Pulteney Bridge and Weir. Homemade pasta dishes, stonebaked pizzas and chargrilled fish, chicken and steaks. From our homemade spaghetti bolognese to our chargrilled extra mature fillet steak with twice cooked fries, join us at Joya.
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Booked this place for my wife's 40th birthday with a total of 20 people. With so many people we got everybody to pre order their food before which resulted in a very smooth and efficient service with really good food. Everybody happy with really friendly staff and totally hassle free especially when it came to sort out the bill at the end. Highly recommended and will be returning for a romantic meal with my wife in the future.

1  Thank FragglePete
Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was a nice find. It was busy for a Saturday night and kept being busy which gave a small restaurant a really nice feel. The scallops and prawns to start were amazing. Very well cooked and delicious. We both had pasta for main course - nice. What you'd expect really but there's something very reassuring about that. The pizza bread with mozarella was fab. Waitress who served us was lovely and very friendly.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

What a fantastic restaurant!
The food is universally stunning (more detail to come) and the staff are just brilliant. The atmosphere is fab, and the location was perfect for us.

We hadn't booked, and yet were shown to a table with no problem at 18:45 on a very busy Friday night. The staff were attentive and very polite, providing informative opinions on the difference between the three Peroni's on offer, and were quick to bring us our drinks. They stock the best pear cider I've ever found - Wyld Wood Pear Cider - which I've now had to order direct from the brewery as it's not stocked back home in Essex.

We were served complimentary focaccia while we waited for our starters, and it set the tone of things to come; s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g. The home made bread alone is worth going to this place for, but it just got better and better!

We decided to order two seafood starters and split them between us; this request, normally frowned upon by establishments in my experience, was welcomed, and we were even provided with two small plates to facilitate. We had a prawn dish, and a calamari one. They were both chargrilled to perfection, and beautifully served. Huge prawns, served shell on in a light garlic and chilli butter, and two rolls of calamari, both with rocket garnishes. Fabulous.

Mains were a further delight; I had a lovely seafood linguini and Mum had seabass on a bed of vegetables. Both were fresh and perfect. We also ordered a side salad (rocket & parmesan), and a side of chips; everywhere offers chips, but not everywhere does them right. Joya did good chips; twice cooked, served in a small basket, crunchy and fluffy in all the right places.
We had a relaxed break between main and dessert, in which we weren’t pressured to have our table turned. The desserts on offer were furiously tempting; I had a Limonchello cheesecake & mum indulged in The Real Italian Ice Cream Company’s pistachio ice cream. Lovely lovely!

The entirety of our evening was perfect. The male owner (we think) was a darling of a man who when it got quieter, in the latter part of the evening, told us all about Bath, Bath rugby club and the local area. None of the staff could be faulted at all, everybody was gorgeous. It seems traditional on Trip Advisor to discuss toilets; Joya’s toilets are down a very cute spiral staircase and are immaculate. Nice big mirror, two stalls and 2 modern sinks.

If this restaurant was in my home town, we would be in there once a week. Residents if Bath, I entreat you to fill this place up to the rafters so tourists like me can’t get a table. It’s so very worth it.

Two people, three courses, plus multiple drinks was about £85. And on that basis, I vote it to be the best value restaurant in Bath.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great location, accomplished menu, small but perfectly formed, good selection of Italian favourites. Well seasoned and flavoured Lasagne, Very good steak with rocket and parmesan (I have forgotten the name :( ). Beautiful Limoncello Cheesecake. Good genuine and friendly service, lovely ambience. Loved it, I would suggest booking as diners were being turned away - 7:30 Saturday night.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We tried to book our first choice Italian in Bath for a birthday meal. Unfortunately we left it too late and they were full. This turned out to be a blessing as Joya was second choice and turned out to be better.
Very good Italian food with lots of choice on the menu. Staff were attentive and polite.
It was so good that I went again a couple of days later for another birthday meal and was just as impressed!!