“Very nice intimate restaurant”
Review of Joya Restaurant

Joya Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 574 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Joya Restaurant offers modern Italian dining in a fantastic position overlooking the world famous Pulteney Bridge and Weir. Homemade pasta dishes, stonebaked pizzas and chargrilled fish, chicken and steaks. From our homemade spaghetti bolognese to our chargrilled extra mature fillet steak with twice cooked fries, join us at Joya.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Very nice intimate restaurant”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the evening. Staff were excellent and courses were spreadout nicely so did not feel like we were being rushed.

Food was very nice.

• Visited August 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to joya a couple of weeks ago on a Tuesday evening. We had read good reviews and were not disappointed. The restaurant was buzzing which was wonderful to see on a Tuesday evening. We were greeted by the Vicky the manager, who showed us to a lovely corner table. The service was relatively relaxed, but this really suited us as in some restaurants the service can be a little too intrisive. I preferred the style of service here to sotto sotto where i felt i was being watched all the time and the staff while polite were a little over bearing. The food was also comparable in standard to the highly ranked sotto sotto. We shared a couple of starters and I had the vegetarian lasagne as a main. It was a huge portion, but full of flavour. It was by far one of the best I have had. The Orvieto wine was also delicious. My boyfriend had a beautifully presented and perfectly cooked lamb shank, which he also really enjoyed. Unfortunately we were too full for desert. It was extremely good value for money as well, we had starters, mains and a couple of drinks each for a little over £50. I would definitely recommend joya to others, a great Italian in a city with a lot of competition.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Anna P
Garstang, England, United Kingdom
“Last minute dinner in Bath”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had a lovely meal here with my wife and 2 daughters. We decided last minute to go to a restaurant and went for Joya as it looked inviting and clean. We hadn't booked and were greeted by lovely friendly staff who were very obliging and helpful. We had pâté, some olives and a garlic bread for starter and then my wife had sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce, eldest daughter had penne arrabiatta, youngest daughter had spaghetti bolognese and I had linguine marinara. We all thought the food was really good. They did a smaller portion of the spaghetti bolognese and nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely visit here again with no hesitation.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank JamesyP72
No Fixed Abode
“A great spot.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Fantastic restaurant in a great location if you are exploring Bath. The food is authentic however what made this restaurant so great for me was the service. Ive travelled Italy extensively and our waiter (from southern Italy) at Joya really embodied the great engaging Italian service Ive had in similar restaurants in his country. Well done Joya. Well be back!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank SurfEnZed
Steeple Ashton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Flavour to savor”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We ate at Joya last night in a party of five.
3 pizzas & 2 steaks plus starters. The Goats cheese and the King Prawns made our taste buds sing. We had a decent break between courses and then the mains. The pizzas were thin base, fully loaded and excellent. The fillet steak was amonst the best I have ever tasted. Chargrilled, medium rare - they gave me a steak knife but I swear it was so tender, a butter knife would have sufficed. Nice atmosphere, super location. Thanks very much.

• Visited July 2013