“My Favourite Restaurant!”

Ranked #24 of 583 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Joya Restaurant offers modern Italian dining in a fantastic position overlooking the world famous Pulteney Bridge and Weir. Homemade pasta dishes, stonebaked pizzas and chargrilled fish, chicken and steaks. From our homemade spaghetti bolognese to our chargrilled extra mature fillet steak with twice cooked fries, join us at Joya.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favourite Restaurant!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This has become me and my partner's favourite resteraunt in Bath! The food is simply perfect! Classic Italian food without trying to be pretencious cooked and served to perfection. The friendly staff and comfortable atmosphere are simply the icing on the cake. No matter what you order I can't imagine you being disappointed on any level including the price!

1 Thank Oliver_brason

Trowbridge
“Excellent meal :)”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked through tablepouncer for a pre-rugby meal. We both had sirloin steak (£20) and this was absolutely delicious, along with twice cooked chips. Our starters were equally delicious. Even though the restaurant was busy, we got served promptly and the food came out in good time.

The reason for giving 4 stars instead of 5 is that, although we were sat next to a fire, it was in direct line to the front door. This meant that every time someone came in or out, we got very cold very quickly (it was about 3-4c outside). The door doesn't automatically shut, so I had to go and shut it myself a few times.

We would definitely go back, but would ask for a different table next time.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank billywhizz_uk
“Tasty food, service a bit slow, good value if you use TablePouncer”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I booked the restaurant through TablePouncer (offering a 50% discount) for 6:30pm on a Friday. The restaurant already had quite a few people seated when we arrived and was pretty much full by 7:30pm. We ordered 3 courses. All were very tasty. The fillet steak was particularly nice! The warm chocolate fudge cake wasn't very warm though and the service, although very polite, was slow. Perhaps this was a result of it being so busy.

Overall we had a nice time. If we had paid full price then I think we would have been disappointed by the service.

1 Thank Rachael P
Ilkeston
“Great Place!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This italian restaurant was conveniently located near Pultney Bridge, I was a little apprehensive after reading a review about it being cold inside as I do feel the cold, however this turned out to be a worry over nothing as it was a warm cosy little place! The waitress was really friendly and took our order promptly, and the food was delicious! It did taste fresh and was great value for money. The decor was quirky but I loved it, it's one of those places you always see something different every time you look round! It was a little quiet on our arrival but it was a Tuesday night so it was never going to be busy, and I can imagine that when it is, it is a buzzing little place! Would I go again, definitely and I would recommend to friends and family too!

1 Thank Tango_1224
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We visisted Joya on Suday evening for my husbands birthday to be honest I wasnt a big fan of Italian food until Now! The staff are very atentive yet arn't hovering, there wasnt long waits in between courses, its very nicely presented & we managed to park right outside. I just loved everything about Joya. The prices are very reasonable four people 3 course inc drinks & coffee just under £70. I am already planning & looking forward to my next visit. I have been to other chain Italians in Bath & Joya knocks the spots off them all for Everything. The locatin is beautifil also overlooking the weirs...Perfect

• Visited February 2013