“Best restaurant in Bath!”
Review of Joya Restaurant

Joya Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Joya Restaurant offers modern Italian dining in a fantastic position overlooking the world famous Pulteney Bridge and Weir. Homemade pasta dishes, stonebaked pizzas and chargrilled fish, chicken and steaks. From our homemade spaghetti bolognese to our chargrilled extra mature fillet steak with twice cooked fries, join us at Joya.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had a birthday celebration here with 10 other people. We loved the food so much that we booked a table to bring some friend. I could not believe the taste of their fillet steak and especially I could not believe the price. I challenge everyone to say that their steaks are not the best in Bath.
Also delicious their little pizza parcels filled with tomatoes and mozzarella.
House wine very nice and to complete a good dining experience the staff was really welcoming and hard working. Thank you Joya. Now that we found you we'll stay loyal friends!

1  Thank Probs95
Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Unfortunately the manager is quite off hand and does not greet people coming in. We were not made to feel welcome. If we weren't meeting friends we would have left without ordering.
The food is fine, but if you can cook at home it will not be any better here. The kitchen staff are coming and going all the time to smoke outside, not a great impression. Unlikely to go again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We came across Joya when looking for somewhere to eat on a Friday evening in February.

We had not booked ahead and so were pleased to get a table on the first floor.

The service was very good, friendly and efficient. The food was very good, my gamberoni, sea bass and chocolate fudge pudding were lovely. My wifes meal was also very good apparently.

The cost was reasonable, £77 including a nice bottle of wine and the location was very close to our hotel.

Definitely worth a return visit.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Nice cosy atmosphere, food was delicious, great view looking over the river, overall an amazing place to eat

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Have just returned from a very pleasant evening at this restaurant. I'm really surprised to see that it is only thirty something in the ranking, it should definitely be higher.. The food was really tasty and very nicely presented. Italian food is probably my favourite cuisine and very often it tastes very bland and nothing special, but this place is different.. The pasta was cooked to perfection and the sauces were delicious.. Our starter and desserts were very tasty, so nice in fact that I wish we had more! Overall it was lovely and I would definitely go again. The only point I would like to make is that the waitresses did tend to want to 'bunch' everyone together.. By this I mean that we are early and there weren't many people in the restaurant at the time and they sat the couple who then arrived on the table right next to us, rather than a little bit further away.. When somewhere is slightly busier and therefore noisier this isn't a problem because you don't tend to be able to hear others conversations or them hear yours, but when you are the only two tables taken, it would be nice to have a little more privacy... This isn't the only place I've had this happen to me, so it shouldn't be taken as a negative comment directly to this restaurant, but I do feel that this is done for the convenience of the restaurant rather than the enjoyment of the customer and I wish that eating places would stop doing this.. However please don't let this put you off going as it wouldn't put me off and as previously stated, I look forward to returning to this restaurant again.. It is in the centre of Bath, but don't be out off by the possibility of lack of parking. There is an underground public car park nearby (under the Hilton hotel), which is within easy walking distance (no more than five minutes away). Worth a visit!