“Lovely food - but a bit pricey.”
Review of Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie
Ranked #5 of 10 Dessert in Bath
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Popped in for lunch on the basis of the beautiful cakes in the window display. I had a very tastey carbonara and my husband had a pannini. What we really went in for was the cake. Black forest gateaux, very authentic and full of cherries. Although at nearly five pounds a slice it was a little pricey for lunch.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I visited this lovely patisserie in the afternoon. The service was very good with very attentive and knowledgeable staff. The tea was excellent and the cakes suburb. We will return when we have shifted the pounds put on here!

1  Thank Mohawk1946
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Come Hungry, the portion size of the menu items is more than enough to share. Lasagna, was very rich and creamy, had to take deserts to go. Well worth the visit, great value

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We popped in here to have a quick snack before graduation ceremony at Bath Abbey. Great location and very friendly and efficient staff, but I was disappointed with the almond cake I chose as it was very dry. The staff swapped it happily for a different cake but that too was dry. Judging by the other reviews it's obviously my expectations which are the problem - when I make almond cake it is moist but maybe that's 'cos I have it warm. Anyway I can't fault the staff or location and next time would choose one of the delicious looking creamier cakes.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

A second visit in recent weeks... Demonstrated excellent polite and attentive service, very professional. Nice snack lunch and cakes are brilliant...especially raspberry tartlet. Nice to have proper tea brewed in pots that doesn't stew.
Will be back.