“Great for casual dining!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Grappa Bar - CLOSED

Grappa Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for casual dining!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had the picante pizza with salami and jalapenos – very tasty with an excellent thin crust! The relaxed atmosphere, and attentive yet discreet staff made for a very pleasant experience. Would certainly return.

1 Thank MrsAndyBates

“Forget the chains, great pizza, great drinks!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Used to visit The Grappa many years ago and they did do a good pizza, I'm pleased to say after my last visit I was pleasantly surprised, had a lovely meal with great cocktails. The stone baked pizzas are an absolute winner, can't recommend them enough. If your feeling hungry then treat yourself to the prawn starter, my girlfriends favourite! Loved the atmosphere and very friendly staff. Make a choice and spend your money on a local business and forget the chains, they are not anywhere near as good!

1 Thank Spoonerful
Bath, United Kingdom
“Not like it used to be :(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We used to come here for cocktails a lot, for the drinks and the atmosphere. Tonight we arrived and the bar had a horrible smell to it, and we were told that we could only choose from about 3/4 of the limited cocktail menu as they had no fruit purées in stock. We left disappointed after one very average cocktail. Sadly we will have to look for a new pre dinner/clubbing bar. Shame,
used to be awesome.

somerset, uk
“Relaxed meal - food pretty average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I work in Bath and eat out at a lot of restaurants after work. We have visited the Grappa Bar a few times before leaving a 6 month gap between visits.
Both ordered a pizza as usual as this is their speciality. Enjoyable but pretty average for choice and quality - we like to vary where we eat but in preference do prefer The Real Pizza co. where pizzas are still stone baked but huge selection and very yummy.
We could not fault the service

Visited August 2013
Frome, United Kingdom
“Terrible - Would recommend avoiding if you can”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Terrible ordered the artichoke salad and asked for olives instead of the goats cheese and my partner ordered a pizza.a while later two pizzas arrived...not what had been ordered so they took the my pizza back and went to prepare the salad whilst my partner continued to eat so the pizza didnt go cold- my salad then arrived missing the artichoke ...the main part of the salad, having brought this to the waitresses attention I advised not to bother bringing anything else and that I would not be paying for this. So was left with a rather deflating salad by which time had lost my appetite...eating one at a time is hardly the way to enjoy a dinner out together..what a waste of time of effort if you can get a table of two right I dread to think what you would be like with a bigger group..was very wish washy and unprofessional service....working in a local 5* hotel I certainly will let my staff know not to recommend you to any of our guests

• Visited August 2013