“Had breakfast last week in the green park brasserie”

Green Park Brasserie
Ranked #67 of 587 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Best Restaurant - Bath Life Awards. Established 1992.In a magnificent, restored station the brasserie is a stylish Restaurant and Bar, serving excellent, fresh, local food in a vibrant, relaxed ambience. The braz features live music 4 evenings per week, Wednesday to Saturday from 7.30 on Wednesday and Thursdays and from 8 on Fridays and Saturdays. An excellent value, early diner menu is available if ordered before 7pm. We also offer a range of fixed price menus for large groups. The lunch and evening enus change seasonally.The bar features a great range of wines by the glass, Butcombe Bitter and Veltins Pilsener on draught, a full range of spirits. The braz has free wi fi, organic Sumatran coffee and 2 large al fresco areas. The brasserie is famous for it's Saturday morning Farmer's Market Breakfast, all ingredients from the adjacent Farmer's Market. Sunday lunch is a relaxed affair, with great roasts including Beef from Hinton Estate and lighter dishes.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Was out in bath last Saturday morning and went in the Green Park brasserie and had a breakfast the breakfast was fantastic! The waiters and waitresses couldn't do enough for you making you feel at home and in a nice comfortable environment! Have recommend to friends and family

1  Thank JordanS94
There are newer reviews for Green Park Brasserie

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Green Park Brasserie is my local and therefore, in an exercise of hope over experience, I have popped in many times, usually at the weekend. Every single time I have left in a mood varying from slightly annoyed to really angry because of the unwelcoming downright rude attitude of the sullen children who pass as staff. In particular a tallish dark barman who should not be within 10 miles of the hospitality industry and for whom any act of service is an outright imposition. Go for the music if you must but do not expect a smile, it will not be forthcoming. As an aside, why are the outside areas always so dirty and scruffy?

5  Thank Fifismum
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is the second time I've visited this place - and it may well be the last.
The food is good, but pricey
The service is slow - I am always prepared to wait for my food, knowing it's freshly prepared, but it would be good if the order was taken within a reasonable time of being seated.
I can excuse delays in taking an order if a place is busy, but it wasn't particularly so on the night we visited.
If ordering a main course is slow, ordering a dessert is dire, one seems to become invisible to waiting staff, we were NEVER asked if we required more drinks. Eventually we managed to get the eye of a waiter and ordered desserts, which were also slow to be delivered to the table.
Regarding drinks - a member of our party eventually went to the bar to place an order, which of course meant leaving the table.
the food - as mentioned previously is good, however "brasserie" means "rip off the punter" It's not good value for money, you have to pay extra for "skinny fries", potatoes, etc. Considering most main courses are £12 - £18 and the portions are small this is a rip off.
My final gripe - I visited on Valentines day and in a previous review I commented about the fact that the live music was too loud and intrusive, it was impossible to hold a conversation whilst the music was playing, maybe we were unlucky to visit again when James Lambeth was singing? Please don't get me wrong, this guy has a great voice, although what seems to be a limited repertoire. he sung the same songs on both visits.
If you like "fancy food at fancy prices", music which is loud (maybe I'm getting old and loud music intolerant?), and slower than a snail service then this is the place for you.
Me? I'm going to try some of the other eateries in Bath which have better service, quiet music and sensible prices.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our visit was on the evening of one of the busiest nights in Bath, the free opening night of Bath festival & fringe, so I was bright enough to reserve a table. Which was just as well; the restaurant was full to bursting, live jazz in full swing. But our food was delicious and the service was smooth, competent and friendly. We had a great time and will definitely return.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went there for my 21st birthday Very good service the staff attended to our needs we waited s little longer for our main course as they were very busy and were given a free round of drink for the wait but was worth waiting as the food was very delicous we were all very happy and the desserts were also very tasty all in all a very good meal best meal ive had in a while

1  Thank whitey4564