“Pleasant B&B”

Brindleys Boutique B & B
Ranked #8 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
“Pleasant B&B”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We booked Brindleys based on other positive reviews and stayed in Room 3 which is delightful; there are two comfortable armchairs and lots of light comes through the large windows. Bathroom is well equipped with a large shower (no bath) and is nicely fitted. We enjoyed the breakfast selection - all tasted fresh and well cooked.
The location is ideal with a level walk to the centre of Bath (took us less than 10 mins) and the owner (David) was very helpful on arrival giving us recommendations for places to visit and local restaurants.
We did find the noise from the adjoining room kept us awake until the early hours (gone 2am) - unfortunately we could hear the whole conversation through the wall. Not quite the refreshing break we had hoped for! Although I'm sure this is not the case the majority of the time. All feedback was given to the very pleasant member of staff (Anna?) when we checked out and we were advised that the owners would call/email us, but we never did hear from them.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rabbit321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for one night after visiting relatives and found it to be perfectly situated for access into the city. Breakfast was of a good quality and the rooms, albeit on the small side, were comfortable. I noticed a couple of dead flies on the curtains of our room and the carpet wasn't particularly kind on your feet. At £140 a night it was probably over budget and if we were to stay again in bath we would perhaps seek alternative accommodation

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Alistair L
London
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on the 11th July 2014. We were greeted by a nice young man who showed us a map of the town and where we were, how to get to the town and also gave us a restaurant guide.
The decor and garden were lovely, my only criticism was the carpet - rough hesian hard wearing type stuff throughout and it was horrible to stand on. We'd been out walking all day and I was looking forward to taking my shoes off but it actually hurt my feet more to stand on the carpet so I ended up putting my shoes back on - such a shame as the decor was beautiful, bed was very comfortable; it was the one thing that let it down and just didn't seem to fit in with the ambience.
Bath itself was wonderful and only a few minutes walk away, we couldn't have been happier with the location.
Breakfast the next morning was lovely, great quality and great service too, the place was seemingly run by young people (we guessed some nice jobs for uni students.) All very friendly and polite.
Not sure id stay again in a hurry just because there are so many other places and the carpet really did put me off personally but I would recommend it to others - just take slippers!!

• Stayed July 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My finance had never visited bath so as we had a nearby in Lacock, we thought that we would have a quick night in Bath.

Brindley's changed my view of the standard B&B. The couple running it were super friendly and helpful and looked after our case between trains on both days. Breakfast was very tasty and I loved that we could chose (I would definitely recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs).

We stayed in classic room 2. It felt a tad on the small side, and the room was really hot. Unfortunately it overlooked a road so it was noisy with the window open. The bathroom was large though and had a fantastic shower. We loved all the neutral/white decor and the bed was comfortable.

We would definitely return (although maybe upgrade) when we come to Bath next.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank tal202
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at Brindleys in order to attend a graduation from the University of Bath. It is an easy flat walk into the city, so very convenient. The room was immaculately clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in - difficult to get out of! We were made to feel welcome and given a map on which all the places we intended to get to were marked for us. We were very lucky with the weather, so it was lovely to be able to sit outside in the garden. We were able to help ourselves to bottles of water from the fridge in the dining room and could also store a bottle of wine there. Breakfast was excellent and a wide choice was on offer. All in all a lovely place to stay in a lovely city.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 143Ali
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of July. We had rooms 5&6 and both were excellent. The B&B is beautifully furnished. The breakfast room is just as lovely as the pictures and there was a great selection for breakfast. Laura and David were super helpful. Having stayed in five B&Bs during our two weeks in the UK, I can attest that this one is top notch. The bedding was great, the shower had lots of water pressure and was well lighted and ventilated. There were wash clothes and a full length mirror, little things that we're missing at other places. It was warm in Bath so we slept with the windows open most of the night and just closed them and the curtains when it got light. The room stayed sufficiently cool, dark and quiet this way. I used my earplugs, but my husband did not and we both slept great despite some light street noise in the morning. The garden was beautiful and peaceful and we all enjoyed petting Taz the kitty.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank snj97
Fredrikstad, Norway
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for four nights, and we had a wonderful time in this beautiful hotel. Laura and David gave us good advices for a perfect time in Bath. The breakfast was prefect with fresh eggs and fruit which was served in a lovely dining room. Hopefully, we will be back one day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple