We've stayed in more than a handful of guest-houses and traditional B&B establishments over the years; we've sampled the relative merits of emerging 'boutique' houses in the UK and can quite confidently, quite dispassionately contend that Brindleys is the best, to date and, I suspect, one of the best, if not the very best, that Bath has to offer.
Its website is not at all misleading, but it merely provides a fractional foretaste of an experience that will make a visit to Bath thoroughly enjoyable, enhanced in relaxation and a pleasure on a raft of fronts.
Jamie and his wife make for a convivial team. He greets you and answer whatever queries you might have with an ebullient enthusiasm and warmth that never seems over-stressed or contrived.
A great guest-house should offer that welcoming warmth and homely appeal that makes you feel immediately embedded in its charms. Brindleys does this almost the moment you walk down the stone path to its green door and then enter the cosy familiarity of a reception room that feels more like a country living room!
Bedrooms are clean, stylish, tastefully furnished throughout and thoroughly beautiful in every respect. While attention to detail is conspicuously there, you never have the feeling that the owners are trying too hard; they're merely reflecting a philosophy to give you as good as they would want for themselves - an ethos confirmed to me when I spoke with Jamie.
Our room was even better looking in appearance than the website suggested with a quiet loftiness and tranquility that was matched by a bed so wondrously pitched in terms of soft-firmness that you would not want to rise when the sun peeps through the blinds the following morning!
Breakfast was effortlessly fantastic - great choice, great quality and served with helpful friendliness by Anel, Jamie's wife.
There's ample storage space for clothes for a short break, lovely little extras bundled in the bathroom and the bedroom; great Klimt drawings generated a different flavour of a well-known artist. A perfect symbol for what Brindleys does, to my mind by offering an enriched and satisfying perspective on BnB in a way that makes you re-think the joys possible from staying in one!
If it were possible to award six stars, Brindleys would deserve all six. As it is, it will have to suffice with five!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brindleys is our luxury, bijou boutique B&B in an excellent, peaceful location, just 5-7 minutes level walk from the very centre of Bath, offering 6 individually designed rooms, with stunning furnishings and decor, high-spec ensuites, complimentary on-street parking, award winning breakfasts, high speed WiFi and lots of little extra touches, to make your stay special. At Brindleys, our guiding principle is to offer exceptional accommodation and service, so guests feel they are 'home from home.' We want your stay to be one you remember and want to tell your friends. We believe that a few things about a boutique B&B hotel are key - comfortable beds, immaculate bathrooms, fresh flowers and a hearty breakfast with a high standard of service in a convenient location. That is what Brindleys is all about. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Brindleys Boutique B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brindleys Boutique Bed And Breakfast Hotel
- Brindleys Boutique Hotel Bath