Royal Park Guest House
$142
$128
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
$107
$89
  • Breakfast included
$196
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$185
Hotels.com
$180
$175
Travelocity
All reviewsfamily roomb blovely guesthouseweekend break in bathfabulous weekendbath experienceexcellent locationhot breakfastnice staycomfy bedaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked a double room online and was visiting Bath for the first time.

I relied on the description on the website which was not accurate. The rooms are described as ensuite rooms so I expected my double room to be ensuite, it was not ensuite. When the booking was confirmed by email it described the ensuite as a bathroom but there was no bath in it.

When I arrived at the prearranged time 2pm, there was no one at the B and B and I had to ring and speak to the owner and then let myself in while he spoke to me on the phone and told me where my room was. He didnt apologise for not being there. Later on in the evening I knocked on the owners door and introduced myself and said that the room was not ensuite as I expected and that I would now only be staying for one night as I was not comfortable in the room. He said it was my mistake which was not the case as the rooms are described as all being ensuite. On the access statement it states that the double room is 'a double with private ensuite facilites'. I felt uncomfortable not only about the room but about the fact that I was not welcomed there. In the access statement on the website it states 'we offer a warm welcome', I did not get any welcome which is not an acceptable way to treat guests.

The room was reasonably clean but the drawers were too dusty to put any clothes in. The room is small and there is very little space around the bed. I also had to be careful not to hit my head on the slanted ceiling, I think this would be more suitable as a single room. I booked a double room as I felt the single room would not have enough space in it and I was disappointed with the lack of space. The sheets were marked and were definitely not as described on the website - 'crisp bed linen'. The bed was not comfortable I could feel the springs digging into me as I slept so I didnt sleep well. The room overall was very cramped with little space available that didnt already have the tv and tea making facilities on it. There isnt a desk area and the luggage rack is a fold up item with no floor space to put it on. There is a good ipod dock on the tv and the room was warm enough.

The shower room was very hot and it wasnt possible to adjust the heating. The toilet was not clean and there was clear evidence of it being used by the previous guest which disgusted me. The toilet seat was chipped. The shower functioned well and was hot enough. There were two good sized towels there and two small towels.

The breakfast was about the only thing that was described correctly on the website. I was given a menu which offered lots of good options and I had a cooked breakfast which was good. I also had a bowl of fruit salad which was very good.

All of the problems I have described I would have told the owner about when I was there but he gave me no opportunity to do so. His manner was so dismissive on hearing about my room not being ensuite that it was not possible to say anything further to him. I would not recommend anyone to stay in this B and B primarily because of the unhelpful attitude of the owner.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank triciad44
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was a great b & b, just like the pictures. It was a 5 minutes walk to the centre. The breakfast was brilliant and the parking very convenient. The owners were very helpful in recommending restaurants and arrival.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Me and 2 friends stayed for 2 nights, the owners were away and Colin was looking after the place.
He was Very polite, helpful and great host. Thanks Colin.
Would stay again, great location 6 or 7mins Walk to town, perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My Wife and i are in our mid sixties,and so certain things are very important to us, for example comfortable beds, showers/bathrooms with enough space to move around without feeling cramped, good freshley cooked breakfast's, and helpful friendly advice when asked for. This place really fulfilled all of our needs. Yes there are bigger and posher hotels in Bath, but boy do they know how to charge,We consider that unless you are wealthy you won,t do better than staying at Royal Park Guest House, Which is just 5 minutes of flat walking (my wife can't cope with hill's due to back and hip problems) and you are in the fascinating city of Bath. We enjoyed everything about the City, great shops/architecture/restaurants/ and best of all don't miss the fabulous Thermae Bath Spa,we had a great afternoon there and finished off with aromaflex and full body massages, We will be going again as soon as we can and won't hesitate to book in at The Royal Park. Thank you Nick and Lisa you certainly give great service and value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were staying in Bath for a wedding and chose this guest house for the family bedroom as we have a 2 year old daughter plus it is just a 10 minute walk from the town centre and the Roman Baths where the wedding was being held. The decor is modern and neutral but a little tired however they are currently going round decorating etc.. and we noticed one of the rooms was out of action due to being renovated. Although there were no works going on when we were actually in the guest house. Nick the host is an extremely pleasant person with lots of great tips and informaiton on the area. He also cooks a mean English breakfast (i think he mentioned he was a chef by trade!). There are lots of nice touches including cotton balls and hand cream in the bathroom. I have no complaints other than the carpets could do with a professional clean. That small thing would not stop me from staying here again. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family