“Awful- Jut not worth it”

Parade Park Town House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #154 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
London
“Awful- Jut not worth it”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Just dont do it! The hotel is in major need of renovation rooms are tiny and in a really bad way. Lets put it this way, we refused to shower in our room so we visited the local spa 3 times so we could shower.The rooms and corridors smell. Breakfast was also very basic. Worst B&B we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights in early July and overall was not impressed with the Parade Park. This place looks NOTHING like the pictures on the website-very misleading and false advertising (see my pictures). The one good thing about the Parade Park is its location, which is easily walkable from the train/bus stations with luggage. It is also very close to the center of Bath with a very nice park right across the street. Now to the negatives about this motel, the main one being you will not get a good night of sleep here, no matter what you do. There is no A/C in the building, so you must leave your window open for air circulation. There are very loud seagulls that you will hear through ear plugs/pillow over your head, etc. They start making noise very early in the morning (0500 or so). There is also a bar/club right next to the Parade Park and you will have the pleasure of hearing drunk screaming people until the wee hours of the morning. I also had the pleasure of being harassed by some drunk guys as I was trying to enter the hotel late at night.

I came to Bath to relax and recover from jet lag before I went to London for a week. When I checked in, the man was very unfriendly and was only interested in getting my credit card information. After walking up 4 flights of stairs with my bags (no problem as I knew there was no lift), I walked into my prison cell-like room which was an inferno. The room was the smallest I have ever seen, anywhere!! There is no A/C and they also do not provide a simple electric fan, which would have made the situation at least tolerable. The room/prison cell was dirty, towels threadbare, and the bathroom mat was a piece of paper. There was only a small window, with no dark curtain to block the sun. The TV got four channels and there was no remote control. Even in my exhausted state, I could not sleep well, as I either woke up sweating or from the noisy birds/blinding sun. The bar noise was obviously worse on the weekend. The walls and doors are very thin and you will also hear your neighbors on your floor. The breakfast was OK, but they seemed to run out of food items (bread, fruit) if you did not get there early.

I felt like the Parade Park was not a good value for my money. I certainly was not expecting a 5-star hotel staying at the Parade Park, but I expect to at least be able to sleep at night in a motel/hotel! I do not recommend this place and won’t be staying here again should I ever return to Bath (which is a very charming and lovely town)!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Bath hotels

uk
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Looks good from outside but highly disappointing inside. Loud youths and music in New bar adjacent, warnings in reception that some rooms blighted by nightclub noise and bad behaviour nearby. Reception needs a new coat of paint and our room (John Wood) was so dated and dismal there is only so much painted Anaglypta one can take. Should have opted for Travelodge as £180 for 2 rooms was same for one night in this "suite" which had one tiny cold, picture-less Anaglypta room annexed with 2 uncomfortable single beds in. Nothing had been done to the room in years save for a lanother coat of paint on the Anaglypta which was even on the internal doors! Creaky floorboards. No hot water during our stay, despite complaining and it apparently being resolved. Freezing cold bathroom. Uncomfortable double bed. Dated minimal furniture. Massive cold window which allowed sea gulls (yes sea gulls!) to keep us awake from 4.00am screeching outside the window. Depressing at best. Tiny tv in main room. No hairdryer. Breakfast very basic with ham and cheese and cereals and make your own toast and some yoghurt. Parking impossible - have to leave it in public car park in less desirable area which is a long way behind the hotel. Car next to ours had smashed window.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I found the hotel through a search machine and looking at the photo on the website, it seemed well worth the price - it is one of the chaeper options in Bath. Still, it is a bit shabby, the blankets were smelly and: the coffee really bad. It is ok to stay there, but the website is clearly misleading, at least my room was a lot less attractive - a bit eerie even.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
london
Reviewed July 9, 2009

the rooms were very spacious and clean but we were kept awake by the music from a nearby nightclub until 3 am

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I selected this hotel by its rates and location. It's within easy walking distance (with luggage) from the rail station and close by all the in town attractions. The rooms were large and comfortable, the bathrooms modern and adequate. The beds were good, better than the usually mushy ones found in the UK. Breakfast was OK. Drawbacks are the rooms on the front of the hotel are noisy at night with the restaurants and bars patrons sitting outside in the good weather, and a fair amount of vehicle traffic on the street in front.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
uk
Reviewed June 8, 2009

With the negative reviews which i had read i was a bit worried about how our stay would be after we had booked this hotel. I need not have been worried from the moment we checked in the staff were very friendly and helpful, we were early but our room was ready when we asked if it was a quiet room we were given the choice of another one. We looked at both one on the first floor room 1 and one on the 3rd floor (lots of stairs but no problem if you are resonably fit. we decided on room 21 a very bright airy room with a double and single bed lots of space and resonable size bathroom. We both slept very well and the 3rd floor seemed very quiet even though there were a couple of hen parties and at least one stag party they did not disturb us. Breakfast was fine we knew in advance it was continental plenty of ceral ,toast, boiled eggs ,fruit juice and tea or coffee. The only comment i would have about the room was i would have preferrred darker curtains as the early morning light woke us up but apart from that it was fine. I think some people are just too fussy this was not an expensive hotel and I have stayed in some so know what i expect for my money everything was clean and worked. I would stay again but hope next time the sun is shinning. The location could not have been better right in the city and just a few yards from the abbey , parks train station and shops.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends