“Please go and see the Park”

Prior Park Landscape Gardens (NT)
Ranked #10 of 181 things to do in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: A beautiful 18th-century landscape garden featuring the Palladian Bridge, which is magically sited on a scenic lake with sweeping views of the city of Bath.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Best bit for me is the small bridge over the lake from 200 years or so ago. Lots of really old graffiti to read from 100 years plus and its such a pretty bridge.

1  Thank Crispsting
in 18 reviews
"lovely place to visit"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed October 7, 2012

After walking from Bath city center up to the landscape gardens (a fair hill climb) I was greeted by a friendly couple of young enthusiastic attendants in the entrance booth.

He took time to give me a map of the gardens, explain the history of them and the significance of the buildings. Clearly well read and knew a fair bit about the place.

I probably spent about 1 1/2 hours walking around the gardens. During which time I was highly impressed by the architecture and found the views of Bath city amazing from there.

My only criticism was them pushing me to become a member of the Natural Trust. This is something I'll make my own mind up about. I preferred to pay the £6 admittance fee and happy for the tax rebate to go to charity.

A splendid place, would recommend visiting.

2  Thank TheGorrilla
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Yes, this place does not have parking but you can easily take a bus from the main bus station in Bath to get you to the entrance and top of the park. The walk down and through the park is wonderful...quiet, relaxing, and mostly downhill. There is a nice cafe near the bottom by the lake where you can get drinks and food. And then you can explore the lower part of the park, come back to the cafe, and follow a walk that will take you back down into the city of Bath. So use public transport to get to the top and then just make your way downhill back to Bath. We loved it.

1  Thank barbara361
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I tried to go to this lovely park with my 2 dogs yesterday. I parked illegally after driving around the block , wondering where on earth you park. I figured the National Trust will have sorted decent parking? Wrong! The lady in the booth told me i had to park way up the hill on a busy road and walk down. Not convenient at all with an old dog, so I gave it a miss all together. They need to sort this out!!

6  Thank YankeeAbroad