“Excellent Hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Bath
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We booked this hotel very last minute and got a really nice offer. We booked the Beau room which had its own entrance via the garden. The room is amazing and the bath is huge! The breakfast was really nice and the staff is very friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to come back one day!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Rather a belated review for a stay in November, but better late than never!
This is easily the best B&B we've stayed in, it has hotel standards throughout but is friendly and homely without being over familiar.
Regarding the location - for us it was ideal as it had free parking, was quiet and peaceful at night yet only a brisk 20 min walk into central Bath. An alternative but longer route was via the path by the river which gave a different perspective, a good route in if you are a cyclist too. The buses were also regular and could be accessed just outside the hotel both ways (note - ask for the stop before the bus station if you just want "The Crescent" end of town as it's a cheaper fare and you can bypass the shops)
If you fancy a countryside walk there are some easily accessed paths from the hotel to pick up the Cotswold Way and see some lovely views from the hills around Bath.
We also got some great deals with the fob that the hotel provided, such as free Proseco and olives for 2 at Martini restaurant and discounted entry price to the Roman Baths.
There was so much we didn't see in Bath - a good excuse to return to Apsley House I think!

1 Thank goldfishnot
east grin.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our wedding anniversary . We had a lovely warm welcome and instantly felt at home. All the staff were very attentive and the place was kept spotless. We had a room on the top floor which was cosy and comfy. The breakfast was delicious with different specials on which my hubby took full advantage of. Gillie gave us directions to the town and we walked down past the Royal Crescent . It is a lovely walk and you can really get your bearings by discovering the little side streets and gorgeous shops. A taxi ride to the town in the evening was £7 with great friendly cabbies both there and back. Pre book a restaurant if you want something special at busy times of yr. there is lots of choice. We ate in Casanis which is a sml French bistro with a very personal feel and lovely food.
We look forward to visiting again perhaps in the spring. Many thanks to everyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed a few days in one of the top floor rooms. The house is "posh" but very relaxed and never uncomfortable in any way. My room and bathroom were elegant and romantic, as is the whole house, and the breakfast room looks over a lovely garden. The breakfast on the one day I managed to get down in time was delicious, but I'm afraid I slept in the rest of my stay. The staff are nice and considerate. Wifi was very good. The only problem I had was that it was quite far away from the centre of Bath (I think I walked it in 30-40 minutes) and although there are one or two eating places nearby there aren't that many, but if you have a car then I guess that's not a problem. Overall, one of the best B&Bs I've stayed in, and I would definitely like to stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed for our anniversary, attentive staff, beautiful breakfast, excellent location, just beautiful. The teddy bear gift on check out was a lovely touch. Also we received an anniversary card which was very thoughtful. We stayed in a room on the top floor which was cosy and had the biggest bathroom with an amazing bath and shower. Will definitely be returning and recommending to friends, thank you

• Stayed November 2013
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband and I drove into Bath during a weeklong driving trip through the English countryside and did not have reservations anywhere. We called this location based on the TripAdvisor reviews. This B&B was entirely accommodating and we were offered the Garden Room and given a great price..the hospitality here is first rate. I did not get up in time for breakfast the following morning, but my husband said it was the best food of the entire trip...and we stayed at some really fantastic places. This is a low pressure, low key, charming environment. Décor is upscale without being stuffy; truly comfortable and "user friendly".

Room Tip: My only complaint- and it is extremely minor- is that the shower in this particular room is a bit of...
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I agree with all the good reviews of Apsley House, however, with hindsight, we would have preferred to stay nearer to the centre of Bath. Gilly told us when booking that we could catch a bus to town, and that they came along every 10 to 15 minutes. Well we had to wait 30 minutes each way, and talking to the local passengers this happens frequently. Also, we wanted to walk to eat in the evening, and we were disappointed in the ambience of the nearest pub.