“Relaxing and Friendly”

Harington's City Hotel
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed February 16, 2007

This was a great hotel in a fantastic location, great for the shops and restaurants. The service was excellent and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was comfortable and of a far better standard than many 4* hotels we have stayed in. For a relaxing couple of nights away I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed February 6, 2007

I found this hotel disappointing. It lacked the crucial quality of understanding the guests needs and showing care and concern.
I would not recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
sullyBath, Owner at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2015

Dear Guest, thank you for your comments. I'm not sure how we failed to deliver on your stay, but please accept my apologies. We work very hard at Harington's to deliver world class customer service, we have failed on this occasion so please accept my apology. I hope you can give us another chance. Regards Peter

Reviewed February 3, 2007

I have just spent 2 nights at the Harrington Hotel with my friend. We meet up once a year and usually go to a Health Farm but we decided to do something different this year. This hotel was perfect for us. The staff working there are really friendly and helpful, they booked restaurants for us and couldn't have done more for us. The room was ideal as it was a family room and had 2 separate sections so allows for some privacy. It has nice tv with access to sky, not that we watched a lot of tv. The hotel is ideally situated in the heart of Bath, so excellent for shopping as all the lovely shops are on the door step. We went to the Thermae Spa on Saturday and that was a great experience esecially the roof top open air spa, it was gorgeous. I would definitely visit this hotel again and would recommend it.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank Jimmy'sgirl
Reviewed January 10, 2007

I have had occasion to stay at a variety of hotels in Bath on Business over the course of the last two years, including some very much more expensive ones, and for my money, Haringtons knocks them all into a cocked hat.

The only time I don't stay there is if they are full.

There's a friendly atmosphere and the decor is modern and spotless throughout.

I notice some reviews mention noise - sadly this is a fact of many City Centres and somewhat unvoidable if you are central.
It is no more noisy than any other central Hotel in Bath (and much less so than some I have stayed at) - and I have never had a problem sleeping there (unlike two other central hotels I've stayed at - one of which was near two bars with loud music - the Harington doesn't suffer from that).

The staff are unfailingly friendly and helpful and the car parking, whilst not on site is reasonably priced and easy to find and use.

The location is perfect for sightseeing or shopping in Bath. If you don't wish to try their excellent and resonably priced food, there is a huge choice of pubs and restaurants within easy reach.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Leicestershirebloke
Reviewed December 19, 2006

I wanted to write a quick review on my stay at the Harrington Hotel after reading what I feel are very surprising comments made by a previous guest. I have stayed in plenty of hotels and this is one of the nicest and friendliest yet

My partner and I arrived in Bath and had a warm welcome from reception. The room was clean, good sized, warm and modern. We then dropped the car off at the car park. This was not difficult to find and use. We then proceeded to enjoy ourselves.

We went into town for a few drinks and this ended up turning into a proper night out. There was certainly no problem returning to the hotel late at night.

I had never been to Bath before but found it a lovely place. I am surprised an earlier review mentioning the location as a downside?? I thought that it was a great location in an impressive part of town. On leaving the hotel you are only moments away from the shopping areas and entertainment the city has to offer.

Summing up I had a truly memorable time at this hotel and would love to go back.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Flip/Binkle
Reviewed October 15, 2006

Small, bright, friendly, compact hotel smack in the middle of Bath. No lift; tight stairs; comfortable rooms. Surprisingly good choices on a small menu, but twenty good restaurants (and all major sights, including Roman baths, riverfront, Victoria Park, Jane Austen Museum) within a 15-minute walk. Five minutes by cab from coach or rail station. Book early. The NYT has found it.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anaxagoras
Reviewed October 5, 2006

My wife and I and our two boys (2 & 0) have just returned from a fantastic four nights stay in Harrington's Hotel apartment. The apartment is separate from the hotel (about 50 yards away) and gives high quality accommodation spread over two storeys. The property has its own front door and is situated over a quiet art shop in Trim Street. On the first floor there is a generous living room with flat screen TV, DVD player and high quality furinishings. There is also a selection of DVDs and board games aimed at the younger audience. On this floor there is also a well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine and a patio terrace with outdoors seating. On the top floor there are the two bedrooms and bathroom. The second bedroom is designed for children with a bunk bed and plenty of soft toys for decoration. The master bedroom is enormous with another flat screen TV and plenty of storage space. The accommodation can barely be faulted.

However, what really make this so special is its location. You are literally footsteps from the centre of Bath with the Pump House and historic baths just round the corner and hundreds of shops and restaurants to choose from. Obviously this means that this is no quiet and secluded apartment but the noise levels were not distruptive at all. The street it is located on is a no through road and the main disturbances came from the early morning bin lorries (and our kids!)

Another big bonus is the hotel breakfast (full english or plenty of other choices) and the very helpful hotel staff. This really is a gem of a property and I would imagine that the hotel itself is of equally high standard.

The only negative worth mentioning is parking. The hotel has spaces reserved in a Car Park about 5 minutes walk away for which you are charged £7.50 per day. This is worth using as parking in Bath is not easy. There is also a short term parking bay just outside the apartment which is ideal for loading and unloading your car. Parking aside though I would have no worries about recommending this property to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family