“A great boutique hotel in the centre of Bath”

Harington's City Hotel
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We spent 2 nights here on the 11th 12th Feb in a feature room which I felt was rather small but perhaps that was because of our room size for the previous 2 nights. What a treat to have such a great sound system in the bathroom and my husband loved the digital radio which could be heard in the bathroom too! I like the fact that you could open the windows in the room. The bed was huge and very comfortable. It was a nice touch that a bottle of "Harington's water" was complimentary. Breakfast was in a beautifully decorated small room was lovely service and tableware. The fresh fruit salad and croissants were lovely but you can pay £7.50 for a full English breakfast if you wish, which is better value than your average Hilton breakfast!
I couldn't make up mind whether to saty here or the Francis Hotel, which is literally round the corner, but Harington's is what I'd describe as "small and friendly" The carpark is the long stay carpark nearby and you could come and go as often as you wished.
I loved the shopping on the doorstep and right next door to the hotel is a vintage and rare guitar shop-wonderful. We had pre dinner drinks in the pub across the road and didnt realise it had an upstairs area. We ate at Solo in a little food "enclave" area of Milsom street. Great offers for eating and drinking in February. The second night we ate in the Pig and Fiddle because there was football on!! I enjoyed the "open mic" entertainment. Food was great too.
Haringtons is a fab place to stay if you appreciate small modern chic hotels and you can shop til you drop and do the "tourist" bit, very easily. We'd go back here without doubt.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms will have the same attention to detail as our feature room had.
1  Thank musicmanGlasgow
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am extremely glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

The Hotel is formed from three Georgian Townhouse and rooms do vary in size and shape. I am glad you enjoyed the sound system in the bathroom and the complimentary filtered water. I am also happy to hear that you found all of the staff friendly and helpful.

If booking directly with the hotel a Full English breakfast is included in all the rates, however if booked through an agent continental is included. I am glad you found the breakfast to your liking, and the decor of the breakfast room which has recently been refurbished.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a night's stay at this hotel and all in all it was very pleasant.. Was tricky turning up in a car and then having to take it a little way away to park up but at least it's provided.. Staff were very pleasant and the room was wonderful. Great location and breakfast were simple but ticked all the boxes.. Would recommend!

3  Thank KeithN1350

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the staff friendly and helpful.

We are lucky to be able to offer close offsite parking with our central location, however I am sorry you found it a bit tricky.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Spent a weekend in Bath at Harringtons, it was an excellent choice and extremely comfortable. Breakfast was good with plenty of choices. All bar or member of staff were charming and accommodating.

I would highly recommended it and intend to return soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Melbobjon
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am glad you had a lovely stay with us. I am also glad you found all the staff welcoming and enjoyed the breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you all in the future.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful stay at Harington's Hotel. It is very central and an easy walk to all the shops and attractions. From start to finish the staff were friendly,welcoming and very helpful. We stayed in a Feature room on the second floor at the rear of the hotel (Room 10). It was everything we had hoped for and more. There was plenty of choice for breakfast and of a very good quality. The only negative we found was that the bathroom window was very draughty and even with a very hot radiator in the room it was still quite chilly. My husband also found the bed too soft for him and had to use all 3 pillows, but I found it very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends and would stay again.

2  Thank dorsetqueen

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel.

I am happy to hear that you found all the staff helpful and the breakfast good. I am sorry you found the window in the bathroom a bit draughty. All of our windows have been fitted with draft excluders. I have look at the window and now rectified the problem.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My friend and I have just returned from a wonderful night away in this beautiful hotel .Our intent was to shop and relax, this we certainly did. The staff at Haringtons Hotel were exceptional from booking right through to room change,confirmation and showing us to the City Pad which is a short walk from the Hotel.Nothing was too much trouble.We chose to stay in the Hotel and eat in the evening and so pleased we did.Breakfast was amazing and again service excellent.On the morning we left we were given a tour of other style rooms, all are different and of high standard and we are already planning our next visit.Location of Hotel and disabled parking so very close to town centre which is a must for me.
All is left to say is we will be coming again and will certainly recommend to friends and family.Thank you to Haringtons and all the Staff.
Kind Regards,Jackie and Pam.

Room Tip: Listen to staff as each room is so different . They know the boutique rooms so well and will help yo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 154jackie
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am so glad that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us. I am also very happy that you found all the staff helpful and knowledgeable throughout the hotel.

All of our rooms are individual, with different decor and layouts. We are always happy to advise guests on the different rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a lovely little boutique hotel in the heart of Bath. The location is central for all the attractions, the shops and many restaurants and pubs. We had a double room on the top floor which was small but delightfully furnished. Although it is in the centre of Bath it is relatively quiet and we had two good nights sleep.

The service was excellent throughout the hotel and the staff were always happy to help. The breakfasts were very good value and were substantial and filling with plenty of choice.

We used the private hot tub on the Saturday evening and it was great fun (the bottle of champagne probably helped!).

All in all a great little hotel.

1  Thank Jeffdee

Thank you for your very positive review of the hotel. I am glad you found the hotel well furnished and all of the staff attentive.

We are lucky with our central location, and I am very please you had an enjoyable and restful stay with us.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

A beautifully family run hotel right in the heart of bath. This was a christmas present from my financee, We spent two nights here our standard double was relaxed and cosey.

The breakfast on offer was amazing and the staff incredibly attentive.

The decor was immaculate and the furnishings were very cute.

You're in stones throw of all the main attractions in bath we'd certainly visit again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Bevo01

Thank you for writing such a positive review about the hotel. I am extremely glad that you enjoy you stay with us at the hotel.

I am happy to hear you found the furnishing and decor immaculate, we have recently refurbished a large number of rooms. I am also glad that you found all the staff attentive. I will be sure to let them all know.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.