“Convenient City centre Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harington's City Hotel

Harington's City Hotel
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Worcester
“Convenient City centre Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel was very clean, the receptionist friendly. Our only hiccup was found when booking the hotel through last minute, they hadn't booked a triple room, however we were luckily still accommodated, although assume had this been a weekend night we would not have been so lucky. The hotel has no parking facilities. They have some reserved spaces about 500metres away.£11 for 24 hours. We had also booked B&B. The breakfast was a continental. An extra £7.50 each for cooked.In the morning we were greeted by the very friendly hotel manager who was very understanding on the booking mix up with regard to the triple room situation.

If you are looking for somewhere reasonable to stay in Bath then we recommend trying this hotel, particularly as it is very central.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a quiet backstreet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WorcesterBathBoy146
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about the hotel. I am extremely glad that you had an enjoyable and found the staff friendly.

I am glad we could assist with the mix up over the booking when it was sent over via the agent.

We do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
Surrey, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'll start off by saying that the room we stayed in may not be reflective of all the rooms in the hotel. We also understand that places like this are limited with what they can do with the space they have given these are period buildings.

As soon as we opened our room door we could smell damp. We had to climb a spiral staircase to get to our room where we discovered it wasn't an en-suite toilet but a shower-room that was in our room. We still haven't worked out where the condensation goes but the water from the shower didn't run away effectively therefore soaking the floor where you stand by the sink. We couldn't open the windows to give the room an air and to get to the toilet you have to go up some stairs (not good when it's cold and you're bleary eyed). My husband booked this hotel on the understanding that there was a bath... no bath and we still haven't figured out why you hang dressing gowns on the wall on the way up to a toilet when the shower is in your room on the other side of the door. Lots of features but not all beneficial to the guest.

Our room was above reception so we could hear everyone coming in and out (late and early) and we went out for breakfast because there was a charge if we wanted something more than continental. For the price of the room this didn't seem fair.

The bed is extremely comfortable so if it's location and a comfy bed you're looking for then this hotel will do the job.

Room Tip: Try not to pick the room by reception.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joroma80
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am sorry that your experience was not up to your expectation.

The room you stayed in is one of our Feature rooms. As you say this room is quirky. All of our rooms do differ in layout due to the age of the building. Due to the building having a Grade 2 listing we are limited in what we can do with regards to altering the internal fabric of the building.

I am also sorry that your husband believed he had booked a room with a bath. I have checked all agent booking sites, and the room descriptions. All of them state that the room you stayed in has a Wet Room off the bedroom and the toilet is up some stairs. It also does mention that the room is entered by a spiral stair case. I personally make sure that we are transparent as possible with our descriptions of each room.

With regards to the windows, the room has secondary glazing installed to cut out street noise. The secondary glazing can be pulled up allowing the window behind it to be open. I have also checked the Wet Room; the drainage seems fine as does the extractor fan. I have also checked the room and cannot smell damp myself.

Finally with regards to breakfast, when booking directly with the Hotel a Full English breakfast is offered. However when booking with a Third Party Booking agent we offer a Continental Breakfast, this includes freshly baked pastries, cereals, fresh fruits and Porridge can also be ordered, however you can order a Full breakfast for a small charge. We do make sure this is also clear on all Agents booking sites.

I am glad you found the bed comfortable and our location good.

Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at this hotel, staff were extremely friendly and helpful, breakfast was delicious, rooms very clean although our bathroom was a tad on the small size, however shops, spa and restaurants are only a short walk away. It was a perfect way to celebrate my birthday and seeing Bath in the snow made it that more stunning can not wait to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BecsSouthampton
Thank you for your positive review of the hotel. I am extremely glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel. I am glad you found all the staff helpful and enjoyed our breakfast.

We are lucky with our location, being five minutes from all the major attraction and shops.

All of our rooms do differ in size and layout due to the age of the building, but we do our best to maximise the space available in each room.

I am glad you had a positive experience with us and will return in the future.

Angmering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

The rooms are always clean and well serviced. The staff are always friendly and helpful. The food is freshly cooked and superb. I have nothing to say against this hotel. Brilliant location and perfectly suited to what we needed.

Room Tip: Choose room 1 best room in the hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank stringz
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to see that we have maintained our hight standards and that you enjoyed your return visit to the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I came to Bath for a spa weekend with my mom. We loved staying in the quirky Harington's Hotel. It was a nice room, super nice staff and a delicious breakfast. The room set up was a little weird with the bathroom being upstairs and there was some street noise as the bars let out at night. But overall, everything was great -- very clean, really close to the spa and shopping. It was everything we wanted for our weekend trip. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am very happy that you had enjoyable stay with us at the hotel, and found everything clean and comfortable, and found the staff helpful. I am also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast.

I am sorry you experienced some street noise, due to the hotel being in a side street we don't often suffer from noise. The majority of our rooms at the front of the hotel do have secondary glazing which cuts this out. We are in the process of installing this into the remaining two rooms.

All of our rooms are different in layout due to the age of the building; this means our rooms do have some quirky features.

I am glad you would stay with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I came here for the weekend with my boyfriend and booked the only room they had left which was the Feature Double room(14)actually rather glad now as it was amazing!

The room is separate to the other rooms and has an individual spiral staircase leading up to the room which was nicely decorated and had a comfortable bed and pretty furniture.Shower/wetroom was nice,clean and modern and the stairs on a seperate level made it feel quite homely being a duplex room. The coffee machine was a nice touch as I love my espressos and we also took advantage of using the DVD player and borrowing a DVD ,another nice touch I felt.

The location is great ,right in the centre and if using the satnav the car park was very easy to locate and a short walk. We dropped our bags in the lobby first and was made to feel very welcome and even offered to use one of their umbrellas as it was raining when we arrived.

Breakfast was nice ,a good choice of cereals etc and there was a cooked breakfast option which can be ordered at the time also.

We took advantage of the hot tub both nights and thoroughly enjoyed doing so ,nice way to relax before our evening meal.

This place was lovely and the staff were exceptional nothing was too much trouble,they put a fan in the room for me and then swapped it when I said it was a little noisy,didn't seem annoyed either seemed happy to help.

We plan to go back very soon

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am extremely happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel.

I am glad that you found Room 14 to be to your liking, and found it clean and comfortable. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed using our hot tub, which is a recent addition to the hotel and proving popular.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, I will be sure to pass these on to all involved. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Harington's Hotel is a constant for our visit's to Bath.
The staff are always happy, willing to help with anything from minding your bags if you are too early, the same for check out if you are leaving Bath later.
The porridge with a drop of whiskey excellent on a cold day. The central location makes this a good stopover for both Theatre Royal and The Little Theatre. Restaurants all round with an abundance of choice.
Another great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel. I am glad you had and enjoyable stay with us again.

Thank you for your lovely comments about the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the coming year.