“Excellent @ Bath-time....”
Review of Bath YMCA

Bath YMCA
Ranked #14 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Bath
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We used Bath YMCA for our U12's rugby tour to attend the Bath RFC tournament. The stay in the YMCA was very reasonable cost, £36 at a weekend for a single. Much cheaper if you have a group n the dorms. The breakfast was fine, full English for little extra cost and the room was fine. The bed was very comfortable, the room was quiet, sunny and had all the essentials.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here over the Easter weekend, we had a private double with shared bathroom. Room was clean and bathrooms where spotless, plenty of showers/toilets so no queuing or waiting around. Breakfast was great, basic toast, cereal, fruit, tea coffee etc but considering it's included can not complain. Could also pay to upgrade to a cooked breakfast which we didn't bother with but it looks very nice.

Location is perfect, a few minutes walk from the centre of Bath and not far from the station. Only downside was that the room was really hot and there was loads of birds on the roof outside our rooms so felt a bit funny about opening the window as one flew in at one point!

However other than that no complaints and would stay again :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is a great hostel in all respects. The room was neat and tidy with a wardrobe and table (in the single room). The bathrooms were kept impeccably neat, and there are separate facilities for men and women. The breakfast was a good continental spread and was laid out on time each day. And oh the staff - they always had a smile and prompt helpful answers to all the questions I had! The proximity to the center of town makes this an unbeatable value in Bath. The only downside is that the internet was VERY slow. Although I did manage to get some bookings done, I think I was just having a lucky day. The speed is just about enough to check emails but not much more.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Gave it four stars on the fact that it only cost 24 quid each and was worth it. You get what you pay for. If your expecting TVs and kettles in the room forget it. I stayed there for a stag night and it served it purpose. It's hidden away behind some shops and I found it by fluke as I happened to look down the alley.
The rooms were very clean and the showers are what you'd expect from a decent camp site. Breakfast is cereals and toast or for an extra 3quid you can have a cooked one but it didn't look all that great.
The location is great. As for parking, there isn't any. If you can handle a ten minute walk, google "free parking in Bath". I wrote down six postcodes and the first one I went to there were plenty of spaces just outside the permit zone. It's either that or pay about 1.50 an hour then getting up at 8am to put a ticket on it in the morning.
Overall, if you're on a budget, well worth a look. I'd stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nick P
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was very happy with my stay at the Bath YMCA due to the central location and the low price of the dorms. I was quite comfortable there, the hostel felt just like school dorms. In fact, the building is shared with student dorms in the other side of the building. And I'm very glad there were students there. I visited at a quieter time of year (october) and I was the only person staying on the entire top floor of the hostel. It was a little eerie, as it is located in a big old building. It's full of character, but I would much prefer to stay there with friends or even with other guests. So I was comforted by the quiet sounds of the students in the other half of the building, and for their presence in the lobby on my way in and out of the YMCA. The staff were very friendly. I was so happy that it was right in the center of Bath. Couldn't have asked for a better location. Although it's a little hidden. If you can't find it, just ask a shop owner on the main street. You have to walk down a pleasant little alleyway to reach it.

Room Tip: It was a very spacious dorm. I would definitely opt for the bigger dorms in this hostel if you'r...