Aquae Sulis Hotel
Queensberry Hotel(Bath)
  • Room Service
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)
  • Room Service
All reviewsguest housebus stopb bfamily roomcity centrepark and ridebus serviceoff road parkingbreakfast was excellentbreakfast menuwarm welcomecomfortable bedsa great place to stayhonesty barone night staymain roadfull english breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Room is very clean and comfort. The landlords are very kind old couple, they make me feel like at home. They also help me keep the packages and bring it to the station when we ready to leave from Bath. Breakfast are good!

• Stayed: December 2012
Froghole, Owner at Aquae Sulis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review - many people tell us that they check the reviews before making a reservation so it is really helpful for them as well as for us to read the views of past visitors. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and felt at home and hope you will come and stay again. We are not so old, we just look it!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stay at Aquae Sulis Guest House with my family only 1 night and had a wonderful time there. My first impression was about the owner service, Dave picked me up from train station. When we checked in the staff also very nice and polite. I feel like home when stay there, the room was lovely decorated. Highlight is Hot Chocolate in room,, please don't forget to try :)
Location is not far for me to walk to city center, price is very reasonable compare to comfort room, cleanliness with full breakfast offer. Do not hesitate to stay here!!

Room Tip: If you need something special, Contact in advance directly with Hotel is highly recommendation.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for your lovely review - your comments are really helpful to us and they will read by many potential guests and thus help us with our advertising. We are pleased that you and the family enjoyed your stay - especially the Fairtrade hot chocolate drink in the room! We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip in the UK and look forward to perhaps seeing you again on your next trip over this way.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Usually stay in large chain hotels but fancied a change to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday. Also he price was really attractive as we had lots of other activities planned. Worried my husband would not be keen as he like the big hotels in city centres. We loved staying at this guesthouse and all the reviews I read we right. Lovely rooms, really welcoming staff and the breakfast was great.
Location was great with nice walk into Bath or really handy bus stop outside. The local information provided by the owners was great.
Would defo go back to this guesthouse. It was lovely.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Great to read your review - thanks for taking the time to post it. We are so pleased you both enjoyed your visit here and hope it was a memorable 40th celebration for your husband . . . perhaps we have won him over from the 'large chain hotel experience' to the more personal 'guest house experience' - Your comments are really helpful to us, so thanks once again and hope to see you back again.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Jane and Dave were marvelous hosts for our stay, making accommodations for our quiet New Years celebration. The room was lovely and the shower hot! The breakfast was full English, but my favorite was the alternate choice of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. This now ranks as our favorite B&B!

Stayed: January 2013
Froghole, Owner at Aquae Sulis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thanks for taking time out to post your review - it was nice to have you with us over New Years, and I hope it wasn't too quiet on New Year's Eve!! Hopefully you went back chilled and relaxed. We do really appreciate your comments and they will be very helpful to other potential guests who tend to check the reviews before booking - so many thanks and have a good 2013

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I recently stayed in this lovely B&B on the outskirts of Bath with my parents for a couple of days. They had an executive twin room and I had a double standard under the roof. All the rooms were exactly as represented on the website.

We arrived at dusk and were very grateful that the hotel was lit up - it would be easy to miss on a street where all the houses look alike. There's parking space for 6 cars in front of the hotel and it's also possible to park along the road. However Bath isn't really car-friendly so I'd suggest taking the bus that comes by every 15 minutes and stops literally in front of the B&B.

The owner greeted us, she was very welcoming and warm, it was a pleasure to have a chat with her and she made us feel at home immediately. She explained where the restaurants were and showed us where the major attractions were on a map. Our rooms were cosy and quite big, and the welcome tray had everything we could want on it. My television wasn't working when I arrived but it was promptly repaired when I mentioned it to the owner. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well.

Breakfast was plentiful and served in a bright and tastefully decorated dining room. We didn't try the cooked breakfast but the menu looked tempting and varied (not just the full English, but also smoked salmon or kippers). There was a variety of cereal, toppings, fruit (whole or as fruit salad) and jams at the buffet. The person in charge came to serve us promptly and was very friendly.

I really enjoyed staying in this B&B, it's an excellent base to go visiting Bath. I'll definitely come again.

Room Tip: There are rather steep stairs and stick to the ground floor if that's a problem for you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your helpful review with its detailed description, observation and hints which all help others to come to a decision when looking to book. We really appreciate your time and are so pleased that you all enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.