“Simple but clean and suited our needs”

Walton's Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
Walton's Guest House
Ranked #113 of 160 Bath B&B and Inns
Stafford
“Simple but clean and suited our needs”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This was booked at the last minute and due to being holiday peak season and in Bath was about £90 per night b&b. Our room was an attic room and smallish with skylight windows, but clean and comfortably furnished. Bathroom was clean and the hosts were welcoming and gave us lots of information about Bath. No parking but there is a long stay car park in the Road that backs on to the B&B.. Its conveniently situated as only minutes from the main shops etc and it suited our needs. Its not posh or contempory but more classic and quaint and if you need a bed for the night close to Bath you won't be dissapointed. Breakfast was simple but nice portion. Only negative point I would add is that because its an older property it is a bit creaky and light sleepers like me may not appreciate that but it may just be the room we had.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I visited Bath with three friends, so we had two twin rooms. Both rooms were clean and had ensuites. One room only had a shower and toilet, the other had a bath as well.

The owners couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The location was excellent, as it was only about five minutes walk from the town centre, and the breakfast was nice and served quickly.

Overall, I would recommend it. If I was being picky I'd say that one of the bathrooms was a bit small, but for the price we found it good value and suited us down to the ground.

• Stayed May 2011
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Our room was so small that one of us had to get on the bed in order for the other one to get into the bathroom! Once in the bathroom you had to sit crosswise on the toilet, otherwise there was not enough room for our knees between the toilet & the wall & I am only 5'2". The street was very noisy & was much further to the Baths than we expected. We felt we were imposing on the landlord who was not at all friendly; felt sorry for poor Rosa in the ktchen, who he would yell at from his office, "Rosa get this, do that, etc. We never saw her.The woman who served us our breakfast was lovely & friendly.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bath hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2010

The rooms at this guest house are impeccably clean and have everything you need. It is well located for all of Bath's attractions.

Ask for a room off the street as the traffic noise is quite noticeable. Breakfast is served rather abruptly and special requests are not appreciated. I was handed a plate of very greasy fried things without being asked what I would like to eat.

I found the landlords to be a bit prickly but that aside, this is a very well run B&B.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night after the B&B we wanted to stay at was booked up. It was recommended by the aforementioned B&B owner, though she must have wanted to stitch us up somehow.

We were disappointed to learn the guest house did not have it's own car park. Yes, we should have checked, but sort of knowing the road it is found on, we thought there would be space out back. I guess the owners wanted it to themselves as it seems all the other B&B's had space for guest parking. But what is £14 for one night's parking in the council CP?

The room was quite small, which I can get over; there is only a certain amount of space in a terraced house. We were only privileged to one sachet of instant coffee and a few teabags in the room. Minor gripes overall, but £85 per night seems astronomical considering the breakfast we were served; well cooked and thoughtfully presented, but the ingredients used in no way reflect on the amount of money we spent.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I booked my parents in this bed and breakfast while they came to visit for a weekend. The place was clean and in a lovely big house in a good location. When we arrived the landlady Rose did not remember our booking and was confused when we turned up. She also questioned my dad about using the wardrobe mirror to trim his beard as he could not use the 2 pin plug in the bathroom. She must have been watching through the window. All in all the room was small but nice and clean and fine for the 2 nights they were there, but I would not put them in here again because of nosey Rose.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank miss_sally1
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2008

A party of us stayed at the weekend to do some sightseeing and it really was ideal - spotlessly clean and only 5 minutes away from the town centre (but just far enough away to escape the noise of the bars and restaurants of the city centre on Saturday night). The bathrooms were small but perfectly functional and looked as though they had been recently refurbished. The owners were extremely helpful and friendly, breakfast was good and the rooms were comfortable with everything we needed. We could check in and leave our stuff from 11 am which was useful too. If I was visiting Bath again I would go for the Waltons every time - excellent value for money

• Liked — Proximity to city centre
  • Disliked — size of rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends