“A real pearl(a)”

La Perla
Ranked #28 of 619 Restaurants in Bath
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: //Tapas Elaboradas//Small Spanish corner in the heart of Bath//Pure ingredients//Shockingly delicious//
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was our second visit to this different Spanish restaurant. After walking down the steps from the street you are greeted by a candle lit cavern. The staff are very friendly and quick to serve you. The tapas menu is varied and suitable for all tastes. The dishes arrive presented not in the usual brown bowls but on slates and other attractive dishes. I am sure we will return.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have eaten here many times with a dear friend in Bath who is a regular. We celebrated her birthday there last night in a largish group. Once again I was struck by the attentive and friendly staff and the sheer quality of their unusual tapas dishes. I think this is really unusually lovely. Flavoursome, imaginative, dishes that are somewhat out of the ordinary. Classics such as kalamari for example are taken to a new level of delicious, perfectly seasoned, fresh gorgeousness! It is food that is beautifully crafted and presented without being pretentious or mannered. Good wines too. Cant recommend it enough though please don't go as I always want to be able to get a table.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Me and my wife had a weekend in Bath and were looking for somewhere interesting to eat. Found this searching online on the journey down, looked quirky and had a menu with that 'different' factor. Used the online booking form to book at table for that evening, but planned to call to confirm once we arrived. Once we arrived at our hotel I had a call from the a very nice lady letting me know that they couldn't do 8pm but would 8.30pm be ok... perfect service (I didn't have to lift a finger)!

The location is easy to find, just across from The Rec (the rugby ground) and down some steps...into a magic little world....

The place looks awesome to start with, quirky but stylish. We were warmly welcomed and got some quality cocktails while we waited for our table (we were early).

The menu was in that zone of being 'too good' where you can't decide what to have. Being tapas we endeavoured to share between us, thus getting maximum menu coverage! The food was some of the best I have had in years and rivals what I have had in Spain. If the pork belly is on the menu, get it an you will not regret it.

The service was also excellent, a good balance between relaxed and attentive. This is usually the missing piece on most evenings out in the UK but they were all first-class.

This is place is a 'can't miss' in my opinion (unless you don't like paella and tapas) and we couldn't stop raving about it afterwards!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Easily bypassed on North Parade, tucked away down some steep narrow steps is the beautiful little La Perla restaurant. A really well thought out and balanced menu of small tapas plates offers something for everyone. You'll find imaginative and tasty dishes whether you're looking for meat, fish or vegetarian food, plus a good range of speciality paellas (minimum of 2 people).

The designer has really made the most of the vaulted rooms, creating a warm, stylish and intimate space with many interesting high quality features, a range of seating and a view into the well-run kitchen. La Perla is a fantastic place to enjoy good food.

The staff are tremendous; friendly, helpful and not too obtrusive. Well worth a visit, and definitely so if you're looking for a tapas meal.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited on 3rd Oct for a friends birthday. We were a group of 8 and wanted to try everything. And we pretty much did. We started with ordering a range of tapas and the paella for the table to share. It was fabulous. Really enjoyed every dish and the service was great.