“Best Spanish Restaurant In The World”
Review of La Perla

La Perla
Ranked #19 of 613 Restaurants in Bath
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: //Tapas Elaboradas//Small Spanish corner in the heart of Bath//Pure ingredients//Shockingly delicious//
Reviewed June 24, 2013

First time in the city of Bath and I happend to stumble into this gem. Food is absolutely delicious and made by very talented chefs, who strive to make every tapa you order out of this world. Plus a cozy and romantic atmosphere with beautiful lighting make this a truly unforgettable, one of a kind experience. Will come back on my next trip to Bath.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went here for my son's birthday for a tapas meal in the late afternoon to fit in with my daughter's acting commitments. It was great to be able to eat the full menu even at that time of day, and the staff were friendly and efficient. The place is an arched cellar off North Parade by the gardens with modern decor. The tapas we ordered were beautifully presented and delicious, and we re-ordered a couple of them during the meal. As with most tapas in the UK they were very expensive compared to Spanish prices - £7.00 for two miny chorizo burgers about 3cm across - a high price having paid €9.99 for an excellent three course meal in Lanzarote a week later. I appreciate that it's a different economy, but being a volcanic island, they import a lot too.
I thought there could have been a bit more variety in the tapas on offer, especially a few more lighter options. With a couple of drinks for some and water for the rest each the bill was about £100 for 5 people. We were happy with our meal, but probably won't return because of the prices.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

As soon as we walked in the door of La Perla, the staff were very friendly. The atmosphere was lovely, very relaxing. I had the calamari to start which was very nice indeed and we had the fish paella for main, so tasty with the chocolate brownie with ice cream for dessert, amazing tasty food. You must go here, I will be back again very soon, a gem of a restaurant - what a find!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Time after time this restaurant delivers, it has yet to disappoint me. The staff are wondrous, the atmosphere is fantastic, the food is divine. I have now had every single plate of tapas, each one is carefully crafted, flavorful and tasty. If once Spanish restaurant in Bath has the 'WOW' factor it is this one.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place used to be La Flamenca, which holds a special place in my heart as it's where me and my husband had our first date. So, I was slightly heartbroken when it all changed, however I needn't have worried. La Perla looks fabulous inside and the staff are really friendly and attentive. My friend and I ordered a selection of the tapas and were blown away. Such amazingly beautiful presentation can sometimes mean that the taste doesn't match, but it did. It was so tasty. The service was fabulous, the tapas was bought out in intervals that were great for letting us enjoy the food leisurely and our wine glasses were topped up whenever we were running low. It was a fabulous evening and we will definitely be back....with others in tow! I would highly recommend a visit.