“super lunch”

Komedia Bath
Ranked #3 of 11 Concerts & Shows in Bath
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Komedia Bath operates in the beautiful former Beau Nash picture house, a grade one listed building on Westgate Street. Since opening in 2008 it has become an important element of the arts quarter in Bath and presents a large and diverse programme focused on comedy and music, and extending to cabaret, spoken word and kids events. Cornerstones of the programme include the all conquering Saturday night Krater Comedy Club, and the bi-monthly Ministry of Burlesque’s Twisted Cabaret. The venue has become a feature on the comedy touring circuit, hosting acts such as Russell Howard, Ross Noble, Jenny Eclair, The Boy With Tape on His Face and many others. Music shows have constantly increased in profile since opening with a wide range of genres attracted to the Komedia Bath including The Feeling, Kate Nash, Ronnie Size, Lulu, The Levellers, Ash, Bellowhead, Clare Teal, Candi Staton, Noah and the Whale, Dry the River, Fink, Frank Turner and Chase & Status.The venue boasts a 615 standing capacity and a 427 cabaret seated capacity which includes a balcony seating 173 people. Komedia Bath also operates a daytime Arts Cafe, offering the only menus in Bath that are accredited to the Soil Association Gold Standard. The Arts Cafe is host to VIP customers at the weekend and on weeknights often operates as a studio venue, with the regular Komedia open mic nights for aspiring performers. The project to develop the Beau Nash to host Komedia Bath won The Building Excellence Award for The Best Renovation of a Listed Building in the UK. Since opening the Komedia Bath has also won The Chortle Award for Best Venue in the West of England five times, cementing the venues position at the top tier of venues in the UK.
Christchurch, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“super lunch”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stopped at Komedia for an impromptu lunch this week and were pleased we did. We knew the cafe when it was River Cottage - and wondered how it would have fared since the change of hands.We were thrilled. The food was fresh and lovely, with generous helpings and a good variety to tempt from the menu. Our server was freindly and prompt and Komedia served us a fabulous lunch that will certainly return for, next time we are in lovely Bath. Thank you.

Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Comedy fun”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My first visit and I had expected it to be just me and my mate and a few up and coming comedians and their groupies, as it was new acts night...how wrong was I? It was a full house of all sorts of people and despite it being a night for those trying out new material or new to comedy, it was actually a funny night and the acts did good. The staff in this place are really friendly as well and it has a really good atmosphere. I would def go back if in Bath again and dedpite my preconceptions before, i would really recommend the new acts night on a Monday - the best laugh you will get for £2!

Visited August 2013
uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“VIP Comedy Night”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I went to Komedia while on my Hen Party. We had VIP tickets for the Saturday night, which included a glass of bubbles and a 3 course meal to start with. The food was excellent, there was a good choice and it was a very high standard. I think my pork belly was one of the best I've ever tasted, although we all agreed that the mashed potato portions were also the biggest we'd ever seen. There was a good cocktail menu too. The staff were all really friendly, and as part of the package, when we were shown to our comedy table after the meal, they came and took our drinks orders, so we didn't need to go to the bar during the interval.

The comedy was a bit of a mix, the first guy was fairly funny, as was the compare, the second guy, Benny Boot was brilliant, and the last guy didn't go down well at all. I felt bad for him, I've heard him on radio 4 and he is really funny, but unfortunately the audience was all wrong for him, he's pretty satirical, and it was just a bit lost on this particular crowd. I think that is the risk anyone has to take with a comedy club though, you'll see a variety of acts, you might not like them all, and not all acts will necessarily match your personal sense of humour. Unless you already know the comedian, there is always going to be an element of risk when you are seeing someone new, whether you are going to like them or not, it's a personal thing. I personally had a great night.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank dbead
Bristol
“Excellent venue, great staff! I'll be back soon”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went on Saturday to the comedy show. Had a brilliant evening. The comics we're really funny and the atmosphere was great. The staff are great, very helpful, happy and attentive. I enjoyed it so much I'm going back this weekend for a burlesque show!

Visited July 2013
Bath
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Thank you, Komedia!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friend and I visited Komedia in Bath for their Mick Foley show in May.

We came away from the venue later that night having experienced top quality customer service, for which we would like to thank the cheerful and charismatic staff.

From the moment we walked in we were made to feel more than welcome, with a friendly atmosphere prevalent throughout the venue. Our seats were excellent, as was the bar service from India and Alice, who introduced themselves by name and took a genuine interest in how our night had gone.

The meet and greet after the show was also very well managed, and my friend and I are happy to recommend Komedia to anyone thinking of visiting.

Franklin Phasianus