“water water everywhere”

Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Bath
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“water water everywhere”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Fantastic location 5 minutes walk from the centre of Bath. The railway station is a stones throw away. Situated on Rossiter Road it is the ideal location with a car park as well. It is next to the canal which you can follow to Pultney bridge passing Bath Rugby ground and the weir on your way. There is a big communal area including a bar and Restaurant . The rooms are excellent spacious and clean.

Room Tip: Try for a room overlooking the water.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Greek first
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

After it's recent refurbishment, the Bath Waterside Travelodge offers excellent value for money with good, comfortable and clean accommodation. Situated in a prime location - a short, 5-10 minute walk along the river bank into the city- this Travelodge also offers the advantage of cheap prime parking, always a problem in Bath.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Travelodge Bath Waterside, and all I can say is what an experience.

I was there as part of a stag do - not your stereotypical noisy group as we're a little older, but looking for somewhere cheap for the night. Arriving we booked in only to find that the twin room that had been booked was instead a double, something the gentleman on reception didn't seem bothered in the slightest about as he looked at me blankly and sort of shrugged.

Clearly this hotel is used primarily by stag and hen parties as there was a constant stream of groups arriving and departing, something which also meant a lot of noise - don't stay here if you are looking for a rest!

Luckily the lady on reception on the Saturday night was kind enough to find me some spare duvets to sleep on after I explained that I had only met the chap I was sharing a room with that day, so bed sharing didn't really seem appealing. Using the duvets I managed to shape a bed on the floor and bedded down for a comfortable-ish night accompanied by shouting, screeching and general noise.

Through a turn of events out of my control I had to leave on the Sunday so didn't stay my second night, so left with the clear opinion that I don't wish to return.

As a cheap night in Bath this ticks that box, but don't expect a lot of sleep. I was unimpressed by the staffs attitude towards me and can't say the hotel was particularly impressive in any aspect.

Certainly not somewhere I would take my family for a weekend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dave N

Travelers are raving about these Bath hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights on a long weekend with friends.The hotel is in an ideal location as or is right next to the river so an easy and picturesque walk into the centre. The staff were amazing and could not do enough for you. We requested a riverside room which we got and it was nice to wake up to a nice view in the morning. I can honestly say after never having stayed in a Travelodge before I would always look at staying in one now as the beds are so comfy and we found the drinks and food prices very reasonable which is quite refreshing for a hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My check in was nice & easy with a knowledgeable member of staff who was warm and friendly. My room was clean, everything worked OK. There were a few bangs of doors and loud footsteps but nothing to bad.

The breakfast is pretty abysmal, which was quite disappointing.

Having stayed at a number of budget hotels recently I find the travelodge brand the least inviting as a whole. For some reason staff always look really shabby.!

However this hotel is perfectly situated & the check in staff were fantastic.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank mizz186338
England
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were greated at reception by a lovely lady who was so helpful and informative I was blown away and all given with a genuine smile .
W e were early and not able to check in but she helped with car parking ( £5 for 24 hrs for guests)
Good deal compared to outside and safe and after taking our details told us to go off and enjoy ourselves as reception is staffed 24hrs and when we were ready later we could check in .
We went off on our bus tour had a fab time and checked in .
Room 211 faced the water ,beautiful view ,we even saw a Kingfisher who was very obliging and did a lovely display for us.
I do not normally gush over travel lodges but ALL of the staff were A+ (REALLY) and the room was clean and nice ,nothing was too much trouble .
Even the Chef was lovely I will go back in the summer .
Most Highly recommended and I am very fussy .Breakfast was great too.

Room Tip: Water facing
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank caroleserena
Salisbury, England
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This Travelodge is very convenient for walking from Bath Spa train station and to the city centre.

Inside it's fine, if very dated looking.

Room was clean, but we had no hot water from the shower all weekend. It seemed that other people in the hotel were experiencing the same problem. When I told the front desk they were sympathetic but seemed unsurprised. They offered me a credit on my Travelodge account. This hasn't shown up yet.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends