“Very good department store”
Review of Jolly's

Jolly's
Ranked #85 of 127 things to do in Bath
Reviewed December 8, 2014

I feel that there is a need for balance on here with the poor reviews below!

Jolly's was Bath's independent department store for many years until House of Fraser took it over. What may have seemed like a shame was actually good news as the old store was looking rather tired and in need of sprucing up; a very recent refurbishment has seen this done.

I think that the store is very elegant, well stocked and really 'part of Bath'; whilst some have had bad customer service experiences and this is to be lamented, I have always received good service here. The layout has improved but is still quite 'unusual'; this is due to the quirky and historical nature of the premises however so really it should be enjoyed!

Jolly's is definitely worth a visit if you are in Bath.

Reviewed December 4, 2014

slightly disappointed that the Jolly's department store in Bath has been altered somewhat since my last visit 12 months ago. Gone has the double staircase complete with carpet and stair-rods, as have the creaky old boards upstairs !! If it aint broke, don't fix it !! Jollys was a store of such character, why spend a fortune to make a store less appealing to visit ?

1  Thank cml1969139
Reviewed August 1, 2014

There seems to be no rhyme or reason how this shop is laid out. The original structure of the building could probably be quite useful and quirky but it's wasted here with an attempt to shoehorn a modern store into it.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

My friend and I thought we'd pop into this department store to do some shopping as it had been mentioned on a walking tour and we assumed it would be a lovely historical building in keeping with the rest of Bath. We were shocked at how dated, shabby and disorganised the shop was, and it is by far the worst House of Fraser we have visited. We can't comment on the customer service as we struggled to find a single item we would want to buy. I can only assume that Jolly's is about to undergo a major refurbishment; otherwise I can't see how it will remain open for much longer.

1  Thank PebbleL