“Heavenly Soup and its dairy and gluten free !!!!!,”
Review of Cafe Lucca

Cafe Lucca
Ranked #8 of 43 Coffee & Tea in Bath
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Cafe Lucca is Bath's most popular cafe serving delicious breakfast, Brunch,lunch,and teatime. Lucca has a popular salad bar,gourmet panini and bruschetta, all made in house. Plus a big display of home made cakes And delicious coffee. The Cafe is in a historic period building and also features, a lovely fashion shop and interior department . Set in the Bartlett street quarter in the Georgian are of the city.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I cannot believe I haven't been here before. I think I normally avoid it as they have a fantastic array of delicious cakes which I'm trying to avoid. I went there a couple of days ago
for a coffee with a friend and saw that many people were eating a huge bowl of interesting soup with little cheese and ham croutons in the side. We decided to try it and what followed was a bowl of heaven. The soup was perfect on every level. I complimented the chef who told me that it was made with coconut milk . I am back there today to see what deliciousness awaits !!!

1  Thank Lorri N

Reviewed November 15, 2013

One of my favourite places in Bath. Great coffee and cake. Lunch here is lovely but a little expensive for what you get. The quiches are particularly good. However what I think Cafe Lucca needs urgently is proper baby changing facilities. The chest of drawers in the ladies is not safe or adequate.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The café has a really elegant feel to it, and the staff were all very friendly. The cakes were excellent, as were the teas and coffees. Probably the biggest slice of fruit cake I've ever seen! Good value for money, we'll definitely go back.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Went in here almost as a last resort on a rainy cold Sunday lunchtime after going past half a dozen cafes had that no tables free. Glad we did, great coffee, nice, tasty paninis and great cakes. It is expensive for a cafe, but I was happy to pay for good quality. We found service to be good and friendly although at the time it was not overly busy.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had a 'café' lunch here, choosing Cafe Lucca based on previous TripAdvisor reviews The premises is quite large and has a pleasant welcoming feel. It was pretty much full when I arrived at about 1:30pm.

I settled on the soup of the day with 'bacon toast' which was not cheap at £6.95 but was actually very tasty, filling and good value. I also had an americano coffee (good) and a slice of delicious date and apple tart. In fact the whole array of cakes looked amazing.

My only issue was with the speed of service, as other people have commented. The wait staff were polite and pleasant when contacted, but failed to actually go round paying attention to their tables to take orders.

I would certainly return here, but perhaps it's not the best place to go if you a deadline.