“What a find!”

Ranked #7 of 44 Coffee & Tea in Bath
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Cafe Lucca is Bath's most popular cafe serving delicious breakfast, Brunch,lunch,and teatime. Lucca has a popular salad bar,gourmet panini and bruschetta, all made in house. Plus a big display of home made cakes And delicious coffee. The Cafe is in a historic period building and also features, a lovely fashion shop and interior department . Set in the Bartlett street quarter in the Georgian are of the city.
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had lunch at Cafe Lucca with girlfriends and thoroughly enjoyed it. Set within a fabulous shop, tucked away off the main shopping areas, it's a lovely location. The menu is small but good. Tasty salads with cooked meats are at the heart of the savouries and there's a great selection of cakes and desserts. The mozzarella and tomato main at £8.95 is fantastic with a glass of Prosecco and some bread to mop up the oils. Really can't recommend highly enough.

1  Thank Jules9001

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I love this cafe! It always seems to be sunny when I pop in for a fantastic flat white and a slice of scrumptious cake!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Found it by accident after leaving The Assembly Rooms. It is right around the corner. The selection of mixed salads was beautiful and yummy. The cold butternut with raisins and goat cheese was my favorite, but the others were very good too. The servers are all sweet and took good care of us. The Tuscan walnut torte was one of the best desserts EVER! I loved the open airy feel. Even though we are visiting here, we will find a way to go back.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Really lovely cafe. Extensive menu and really great fresh salads. A word of warning, the lovely clothes in the shop part are VERY pricey. A hang out for the arty farty types and yummy mummies of Bath. Think Birkenstock clogs with socks, loose linen trousers, dubarry boots and skinny jeans etc etc...very nice nonetheless. I hasten to add I don't conform to any of those stereotypes!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

I decided to give this cafe a try after a recommendation from a friend who considers herself a bit of a regular. It is located on a wonderful little street with a real mix of boutique shops which makes the whole place a worthwhile trip even just for a spot of window shopping. The biggest shop being the Loft, in which the cafe is located. What was once the House of Bath is now an open space containing the cafe and a couple of lovely shops, both well worth a browse. But Cafe Lucca is the perfect compliment to such a hidden gem of a street. The coffee really is the best and once you eat there it becomes no surprise that they were nominated for the best restaurant category in Bath Life magazine. I have visited on a handful of occasions since my friend's recommendation as I couldn't help but come back and order different things from their menu. The staff are all friendly and you get the impression that they enjoy working there, something which actually makes a big difference to the whole experience. This cafe is well worth a visit whether stopping by for coffee with a friend or staying for lunch with family. I'm glad my friend told me about this place as it is tucked away in a beautiful city full of lovely cafes but this hidden gem tops them all!

1  Thank Cerimorgan