“A nice break”
Review of The Courtyard Cafe

The Courtyard Cafe
Ranked #70 of 590 Restaurants in Bath
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Cosy up in our recently refurbished cafe or wrap up and sit outside in our heated courtyard. Quietly situated a stone's throw from Bath Abbey, (just off Abbey Green -side entrance to Marks & Spencer). We pride ourselves with our warm and friendly service and delicious homemade food. We offer breakfasts, lunches and specialise in sweet treats such as homemade cakes and cream teas. We have a wide range of teas and coffees as well as speciality hot drinks and we're licenced to serve alcohol. We will welcome you with A BIG SMILE!
Reviewed October 3, 2013

After walking around in the centre for a while, I really wanted to treat myslef to some real English tea with scones and marmelade. So we found this little place. Orders came quick, and dished and teacups full to the brim. I really enjoyed it. Not far from the abby, baths and putney bridge, so easy to find. Enjoy the tea break!

1  Thank Annette S

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited for brunch. Nice atmosphere and staff were friendly. We both ordered the bubble and squeak with eggs and bacon. We waited 40 minutes for it to arrive. Fried eggs were overcooked and bubble was mostly potato. Very average. I asked for a discount due to being very unsatisfied by how long we waited. We were given a £1 discount off each meal (making the meals £4.95 rather than £5.95). Didn't do much to make us feel like returning.
Average food which took far to long to arrive and very little apology or compensation given. I would not return.

3  Thank NancyPat18
Reviewed August 29, 2013

A great spot to relax. I had the first decent latte since I arrived. Hubby had tuna and corn sandwich which looked yummy. I had scones with the best cream and jam ever. Service good but only one toilet.

1  Thank samrox5
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just enjoyed a fab day in Bath. We were dropped off by our tour guide and found a great little Cafe by Bath's Abbey. My husband had a meal from the special's board and I had the Bath Rarebit. The meal was excellent and we were served by a very friendly waitress. We sat outside in the courtyard and enjoyed the sunshine and the beautiful flowers. A very enjoyable lunch that was very close to our next stop "The Roman Bath's".

1  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were both drawn in by the bubble and squeak on the menu and both ordered it . On arrival we moved the eggs and bacon aside to look for the bubble and squeak hidden underneath only to find mashed potato, one plate had cabbage and a bit of onion mixed in it and the other just mashed potato and not much of it. As it was described as bubble and squeak with egg and bacon we expected that to be the main part of the meal, not a spoonful as an addition to the eggs and bacon. Traditionally in our family bubble and squeak is browned in a pan and not just potato that has grease from the egg and bacon on top of it. In conclusion a disappointing meal although the staff promised to pass our comments on to the chef.