“Disappointed. Not like other City Sightseeing Tour busses I have been on.”

City Sightseeing Bath
Ranked #7 of 58 Tours in Bath
Orlando, Florida
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Disappointed. Not like other City Sightseeing Tour busses I have been on.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I took both itineraries...the countryside tour and the city tour.

Countryside tour: Saw very little that I even wanted to photograph. Mostly residential houses. It was 40 minutes long and absolutely boring. I could tell from the others on the bus that they felt the same.

City Tour: There was a guide who sat with his back to everyone. Not personable like the guides I've seen on other Sightseeing tours such as the one in York. He talked in a monotone voice with not much inflection. There was not an foreign interpretive narrative as seen on these busses in many cities where you have a large amount of foreign tourists. I was so bored with this tour. The buildings are pretty much alike from what I saw except for a few churches. This is not what I thought Bath would be like. However, I don't think it is the city. I believe it was the tour. It was sad.

If I bring groups to Bath, I will not encourage them to take the City Sightseeing busses.

• Polish first
Yeovil, Somerset
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Rain did not stop play!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We knew we were going to Bath today to do some sight seeing so we checked the weather forecast before leaving home, guess what? . . . . . RAIN! There was a guide/sales woman at the bus stop who explained the pricing, how long the tickets were valid for, told us about the two different tours available and gave an information leaflet with a map on it. She omitted to point out the 10% off voucher on the back which, if we showed our Bus ticket when we next went to visit the Roman Baths, we could have got 10% discount! and we didn't notice it either:(

We collected our ear phones when we got on and sat upstairs in the rain, with our hoods up and umbrellas! The commentry was very interesting and informative and the whole ride was lovely.

Toronto
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“First disappointment with this service”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I am forever preaching the advantages of Hop On, Hop Off sightseeing buses - London, Dublin, Barcelona, the guides are great and the idea you can hop on, hop off to see what really interests you and still have the service available to you for one or two days - fantastic.

But Bath's HoHo was dismal, disappointing and even dishonest. Clearly the guide didn't get the concept because she wanted you to get on at the beginning, stay on and then at the end, get off - NO!

But even worse, they run a Skyline Service so, supposedly, you can drive along the rim of the "saucer" and look down in the Bath's architecture. Sorry, all you see are trees! No architecture, no homes, no baths, no roads, just T R E E S !!!!!

Great concept, disastrous execution

Visited July 2013
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Very good sightseeing tour”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Me & my friends went on the city sightseeing tour of Bath to see the city & also hear about it as well. The ticket you buy lasts for a year from the day of purchase, gives you access to 2 tours (City & Skyline tours), discounted entry to other attractions & 10% off of your next tour done anywhere else in the world, which makes it good value for money. The tour lasts for 1 hour & audio commentary is done by headphones provided on board. A good use of an hour to introduce anyone to Bath

The Villages, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The only way for a 'newbie' to see all of Bath's history and places to go back to later. Able to get on/off the bus at will for 24 hours.

Visited July 2013