“Sunday Breakfast”
Review of the chelsea cafe

the chelsea cafe
Ranked #195 of 587 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great breakfasts and lunches every day from 8am; excellent Extract coffee with homemade cakes; modern British bistro in the evening - all using the produce from local farms and neighbourhood suppliers.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

A good down to earth cafe. Good food, pleasant staff. Just what you need as a pick me up. Wi-Fi enabled so if you can't bear to be parted from WWW, there you go.

There are newer reviews for the chelsea cafe

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The perfect breakfast for a Sunday morning! Excellent example of fine latte art, lovely atmosphere, relaxed but efficient service!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Chelsea Road Cafe is the perfect place to have a quick cappuccino and a delightful sausage sandwich packed with locally sourced bangers. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and always make my stay very relaxing - I was so relaxed last time I read the paper from the day before and didn't even notice until the end! Supporting our independant traders is key to stop turning our wonderful city of Bath into another 'CHAIN' only city.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Was totally hanging out of my backside this morning and needed a fry up to soak up the booze and line my stomach with fat! My normal full english haunt is Velo Lounge but was not in the mood for gobby students wearing pyjamas or crying children so decided to give The Chelsea cafe a whirl instead. My husband and I had been here for coffee before but had never eaten here but this place is always full so we figured the food must be good!

I went for the standard breakfast which was just the right amount of food for me and my husband and brother in law went supersized! We had a choice of poached, fried or scrambled egg and I went for scrambled which which were delicious and we were given the choice of white or brown toast which I thought was good. I was also pleasantly surprised that the bacon was not too salty ( I normally don't eat bacon as it's so salty) and the sausages were lush! My only disappointment was that the baked beans didn't appear to be Heinz but these were pretty good back-up. I can't stand bad baked beans in my fry-up!

Overall a very good experience, the place was busy but relaxed and peaceful enough to not upset our delicate heads. Will definitely come back for another breakfast!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We love Chelsea cafe for morning coffee or lunch. Its a cool laid back atmosphere and the food is excellent as is the coffee. One of our favourite lunch locations!

1  Thank Sauvignon2009